Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swimming & Babysitting

Monday was quite a busy day for us! Well Austin was off which was awesome and for the first time in forever we had no specific plans! No school, no VBS, no swim lessons...NADA! We had a low key morning...always nice to cook a big breakfast sit and watch the news and take our time starting the day! We did decide to take the kids swimming at my parent's house. Austin has only been in the pool once this summer plus we figured it would be great for the kids to practice what they learned in swim lessons! Both had a blast in the pool! Colby is doing so well now with his swimming. He's a fish. He's jumping in and swimming alone and also even diving to the bottom! I was so proud of him. Lindsay is also doing great with swimming alone to the steps! It was fun just goofing off and playing with them in the pool. My mom was sweet enough to also prepare us lunch which was great! We ate lunch then brought the kids home for naps! Ofcourse Colby didn't nap...he's really only napping like 1 or 2 times a week. Lindsay was exhausted though!
That afternoon we were babysitting for a friend from our lifegroup. They needed a babysitter last minute and since Austin was off I figured it was doable. The little boy just turned 1. He and Lindsay are in the nursery together at church. Anyway needless to say it was a very busy afternoon! The little boy was good just busy! Colby mostly stayed outside with Austin which I guess was a help but when Colby was inside he really was good at watching the little ones for me and helping out. I mostly just followed the babies around and made sure they didn't get into anything...especially Michael. He's not walking yet so I tried to keep them in the den and Lindsay's room. I had to fix dinner and feed them both by myself though while Austin and Colby were outside! That was hectic! We only have the 1 highchair so I had to let them take turns eating! Everything was going fine though...until Austin sent Colby in soaking wet from swimming in the back. I was so distracted by him and I was also on the phone and trying to clean up the kitchen. Somehow Michael got under my feet and opened a drawer where we keep measuring cups. He had done this early and I had grabbed our glass pyrex measuring cup from him. Lindsay and Colby always play with the plastic ones but never even attempt taking the glass ones out so I didn't think much of it. Well anyway he grabbed the glass one and as I saw him he threw it! OMG I panicked. Here I had 3 kids inside all with no shoes on and I'm standing right in the middle of it. I quickly moved all the kids to the den. I yelled for Austin to come help which luckily he was home. I quickly scooted all 3 kids to Lindsay's room while Austin cleaned up the glass! Craziness! Man I don't how moms do it with 3+ kids! Especially having 2 toddlers! You can say I was exhausted when he left! it was fun though and nice to do something for someone else! The rest of the night was pretty low key just getting our kids ready for bed and ready for the upcoming week!
Lots going on this week! Bible Study, Dentist appointment, grocery, 4th of July, and my parent's 50th Anniversary! So there will be lots of updates later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment