Saturday, July 27, 2013

Zoo Day

So I have been wanting to bring Colby to the Cool Zoo ALL Summer but we have been so busy! We finally had today as a free day and so I got my parents to keep Lindsay and we were going to go just he and I. I want to bring Lindsay sometime too but I couldn't handle them both by myself plus I wasn't even sure how much Lindsay would like/tolerate it. So we dropped her off at my parent's house. We got the Zoo a little before 10 and were ready to run to the "water park" as Colby calls it. Well while we were in line the guy who checked our memberships says Cool Zoo won't open until 11 today. Well we were disappointed but I figured well we will still have time b/c we didn't need to leave until 11:30 or 11:45. So we went to ride the carousel and train. Those things we rarely do when we go b/c we are always wanting to spend more time looking at the animals. Anyway Colby enjoyed those 2 things but he was really more excited about going to the Cool Zoo. Once we found out the Cool Zoo was not going to open up he was very sad. I felt so bad! He was so excited about that! I swear I have the worst luck! The last time I tried to bring him by himself when he was 2 that same thing happened to us! Anyway I tried to talk him into going to do something else but he was upset. I finally coaxed him into going into the gift shop! Its not really what I wanted to do especially since we let him buy a big shark at the Aquarium a week ago but I felt so bad! Anyway he picked out an alligator and we got it 20% off b/c of the whole ordeal! Now hopefully he doesn't expect something each time we visit a place! We did also get 2 VIP tickets to re-enter the Cool Zoo! So we will be trying this again next week with daddy! Even though our plans didn't work out it was still a nice morning out with my little man! I am going to miss these days I know when he begins kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment