Friday, July 12, 2013

City Park & Friends

Wednesday Austin was off and we wanted to do something fun with the kids. I usually try and give Colby a few options to choose from: I told him we could do the movies, monkey room, or City Park. He chose the park so that's what we went with our. Our friends Casee, Jax, & Mason met us out there too which that makes it more fun for the kids! The kids all played on the playground for about an hour. We were planning to do storyland with our kids while Casee took her kids for a picnic but when we realized there were a TON of camp children on a field trip there we quickly changed our minds. We went and had the picnic with Casee and her crew. Luckily I had brought a long a ton of snacks for us anyway. The kids enjoyed visiting and eating outside. We don't do that often enough so it was a great change of pace. I hate we didn't get to do the rides or Storyland but we will save that for another day!
Wednesday night we went to church. We hadn't been in 2 weeks so I was anxious to get back to that part of our schedule. It was nice going as a family b/c usually its me and the kids. They aren't serving dinner during the summer though so I had a meeting and Austin went into Prayer Meeting. I think Lindsay enjoyed her class even though she still cries when I drop her off. Colby has adjusted really well to the JumpStart Program. He goes upstairs with the big kids. Usually they do activities outside but because of the chance of rain they stayed inside.
Thursday I had a hair appointment. My friend Casee had told me earlier in the week that Jax wanted Colby to come play one day. We decided Thursday would be a perfect day b/c of my hair appointment. My mom still came to keep Lindsay at our house. I dropped Colby off around 8:30. He was very excited to go play. He hasn't been to many friend's houses this summer so I know it was good for him to enjoy that time by himself. I picked him up right aroun 11. It sounded like they had a fun time playing cars and trains. I hope we can return the favor and have Jax over one day next week!
We are having a great week! Enjoying a little downtime before school starts in a month! Next week we will be busy with birthday preparations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment