Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Shopping with Friends

So today we had a different sort of playdate. We had a playdate at the mall. I had been planning to take the kids Back to School shoe shopping today. I invited my friend Casee to go and she invited another friend Kelly. Its great to hang with these girls because I grew up with them plus they have children all around our kids ages. Jax unfortunately was out of town though but Colby and Lindsay still had other friends. Kaylen who is 7, Cooper who is 4, Mason who is 10 months. Needless to say we had quite a crew! I took the kids to the shoe store first. I ended up buying school shoes for Colby...he's measuring a size 11. Well luckily we already have some 11s so I went ahead and jumped up to size 12 I figure this way he will have enough shoes to get him through the school year hopefully! I also got Lindsay measured and got her 2 pairs of shoes. She measured a size 5.5. I bought her one pair in 6 and the other in 6 1/2. Hopefully that will take her through her 2nd birthday. Our friends met us in the shoe store. All the kids got measured which was fun! Afterwards Colby was very ready to head to the Disney Store to spend his b-day money. He ended up choosing a helicopter from the movie Planes! I can't wait to take him to see that! Anyway the kids had fun looking around in there. Afterwards we just browsed the mall for about an hour. Colby had a blast playing with Cooper and Kaylen. Lindsay did well in the stroller but got antsy at times. I hated I couldn't let her walk but I couldn't keep up with her and Colby. We all ate lunch together around 11:45. It was hectic but the kids did well. I just waited to eat until I got home besides nibbling on the kids food. I had a hard enough time monitoring them I couldn't imagine I would really be able to enjoy my food much. After that we came home. It was a fun morning glad we could do it with friends! We are well on our way to being ready for school in just 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment