Sunday, August 4, 2013

Last Week of Summer

Man it really feels like I just wote the "first week of summer" post. Its very bittersweet to write this knowing my baby boy is headed off to big boy school in a week! We've had a great summer! I feel like we got to do a lot! We did VBS, swim lessons, Children's Museum, Zoo, Aquarium, many parks, City Park, tennis lessons, birthday party, etc!
This last week of summer we are trying to enjoy the laid back days but also have some fun as well. As you recall Monday we did storytime at the library.
Tuesday was my final summer session Bible study. I brought the kids with me. It works out great that they get to play with friends while I'm there. Afterwards since Austin was off we went to eat at NO Hamburger & Seafood Co. It was a fun lunch as a family of 4! Lunches are crazy and loud but I just had to sit and enjoy the moment! Even when Lindsay was pitching a major fit and refusing to eat anything! The rest of the afternoon we just hung around the house. Austin and Colby did run some errands. We had a nice family dinner! Which is rare these days in the dining room! That night I was able to escape for a couple hours and have coffee with my friend Jenny! Its been so nice to escape this summer on Tuesday nights with a friend. I really am thankful Austin has been such a help in making that happen!
Wednesday we had to grocery shop so nothing that exciting during the day. But we are going to church tonight. Its the final summer session of Wednesday nights. They are having a big celebration for the kids. They are going to have waterslides and icecream so Colby is very excited!
So update from Wednesday night: Colby had a blast!! It went really well. I dropped Lindsay off in the nursery. A couple of her little friends ended up staying out there with their older siblings but since I was alone and I wasn't sure how she react I felt it better for everyone's enjoyment to put her in the nursery. She wasn't alone either there was a little boy probably 8 months old and her friend Maggie in there. This allowed me time to really focus on Colby although he did his own thing the whole time the only thing I really did was take his picture and open his ice cream sandwhich. It gave me time to visit though which was great! I enjoyed just watching him and the other kids. I was also so thankful to see him with this group of boys and girls that he is going to grow up with! A few of them will even be together in school! Austin got there right at the end which was a HUGE help though b/c he was able to change/dress Colby while I waited with Lindsay.
Since both kids were up late on Wednesday we were a little slow going Thursday morning but we did get up and get ready in time to head over to the Cool Zoo like we had promised Colby. If you remember I tried to take him last week and it was a BUST! Anyway we got there around 10:15. Luckily we were able to snag a table and some chairs in the shade. At fist Lindsay totally freaked out! I really thought we had made a HUGE mistake in bringing her but Austin took her around. He wore his swimsuit thankfully. I guess I should have but I usually just sit in a chair in the shade and let the boys have at it! Well once he started walking her around and she figured out what was going on she quickly settled down! He spent most of the time with her and she would occasionally come to the table and get a snack then go back out. Well around 11 my friend Casee and her mom came with her 2 boys. We had a good time visiting and watching all 4 kids play. Colby was definitely the easist one there to deal with. He pretty much did everything on his own. Jax still wasn't too sure about it but he is younger then Colby and Colby was probably the same way at 3. Lindsay ended up getting pretty brave too! She was running through all the water and Austin even took her down some slides! It was a really fun morning! By noon we knew the kids were getting tired. We dressed and went to McAlister's for lunch. The outting was such a sweet and fun time! I know we are going to miss these fun days when school starts! That night Colby spent the night with my parents. I missed him but it was also fun to just focus on Lindsay and spoil her for the night =)

No comments:

Post a Comment