Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Museum & Coffee

Yes, Lindsay and I had another playdate today. Yes, I'm trying to soak up every moment with her that I can! This time last year even when Colby started school she was really still too young to take many places I mean we did GymRompers but that was mostly it. This is the age/stage I LOVED with Colby! Although honestly she is not as easy as he was! He was happy to always be on the go and he and I ALWAYS went on adventures! Anyway I love taking her out but she's not quite as easy to please as he was! So today we started our morning with another trip to the coffee shop. Yes, it seems like we do that a lot but when you drop your child off at 8:15 in the morning there isn't much else to do but go get coffee and breakfast and wait for other things to open. Today we went to Starbucks. I discovered Lindsay loves banana nut bread so each time we visit a coffee place she gets a slice of bread and a milk. Its a fun little girl time with her! Afterwards we went over to the Children's Museum with a friend and her son. He's about 15 months old so he and Lindsay are in the same class at church. We were a little dissapointed when we got there b/c the toddler room was closed. That was my main reason for going! The good news is though they are remodeling it which will be nice for future visits! Lindsay had an ok time but def not as much fun as our last visit. I don't know if it was due to the toddler room being closed or she was just in an off mood. She didn't want to do much but sit in her stroller. To her defense the rest of the museum is kind of boring to a toddler. For Colby's age its wonderful but to a 1 year old who just wants to climb/slide its kinda boring. Oh well it was still a nice outting!
The rest of the week will be pretty low key for us as we get ready for our 4 day MS trip! I am excited about getting out of town for a few days! We stayed home all summer so it'll be nice to get away the 4 of us! It will also be a nice break from the school routine!
Oh and update on Colby in school:
He received his first progress report:
He had all A's and B's! I was so proud of him! I was surprised to see him getting so many grades this soon but also proud of him for doing so well! I worried how he would adjust to kindergarten but so far he's doing great! I knew he could do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment