Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Weekend


We've had a pretty good weekend around here. The only downfall is Austin had to work for all of it!
Friday morning I picked Colby up early and brought him and Beaux to the vet for Beaux's annual appointment. Colby LOVES going to the vet. My mom and dad kept Lindsay during this. I could probably handle all 3 but since I had to stop by their house to pick up Colby it was just as easy to leave her in the process. We basically came home and spent the rest of the day here. That night Colby had tennis. He is doing so well. He's had about 6 lessons so far. He's really getting the hang of it. I am so proud of him. The only thing I hate is how hot it is! But I feel like all the sweating I do out there might be good for me! I've also been so proud of Lindsay. I had no idea in June how she would do but she has done great each week. She sits by me and just walks around...she has gotten a little braver each week but I've never had to fuss at her for going to far or getting near the pool.
Saturday we took the opportunity to go swim at my parent's house. We don't get to see them much during the week just b/c we are so busy and since Austin is working and most of my friends are having family time on Saturdays that's the best option for us! Plus the kids love it! We were able to swim for over an hour too which was nice! I know swimming season is ending! Especially for Colby since he is starting school. I am so proud of how well he's doing by himself. Lindsay also learned how to jump in from the side and got quite a hoot out of herself. The rest of the day was very low key. When Austin got home we spent a little time outside letting the kids play in the front yard!
Sunday was church. It was just the kids and I again. I also was teaching. Lindsay did great in her class I hear. I think she is one of the happiest ones in there. Colby also seems to really be getting the hang of JumpStart and his kindergarten class! I am so happy they enjoy church and have many friends! I taught in the Clubhouse! I am really enjoying teaching that age!
We had a great weekend! We missed daddy but look forward to the exciting week ahead of Colby starting big boy school!

No comments:

Post a Comment