Saturday, August 17, 2013

First Full Week of School

So today Colby is finishing up his first full week of school. He's done really great and hung in there well. I can tell he's getting tired though! Lindsay and I have had a good week hanging out. We've mostly just run errands.
Monday we did eat breakfast at Stanley's in the Quarter and went to Lifeway. Tuesday I went to Target and Wednesday to the grocery store. Those days we just did a lot of hanging out at home. Thursday Austin was able to go in late so after dropping Colby off the 3 of us ate breakfast at McDonald's. It was a nice break in routine. After that Lindsay and I went to visit my parents. They are def missing seeing the kids since now we are so busy with the school routine. It was a fun time visiting plus they always wear Lindsay out!
Friday was really our first free day! I wanted to make it a girls morning and do something fun with Lindsay. We ended up going to the park by Colby's old school (Lindsay's new school). I haven't been there in forever! Its not nearly as nice as most other local parks so we don't go there much. Lindsay had an ok time. She's not quite as into parks at this age like Colby was. She did a little climbing and sliding but not much. We ran into a mom from MOPS and her little girl. It was kinda uncomfortable though b/c she had her big german shepherd out there without a leash! That made me a little weary having Lindsay out there. I mean I am sure the dog was fine but it kept barking at us. I just don't think she should have brought a dog like that to a public park. I am totally a dog person and am not scared of them but that's just not appropriate at a kid's park. So we left after like 20 min. Plus it was hot and I was in jeans. Next we decided to go to Barnes and Noble. They don't open until 9 which is one reason we did the park first. We got coffee and milk and sat and drank our beverages. Its so fun doing girl things with her. I missed Colby but he and I had many adventures like this when he was 1 so now its her turn! This was the first time I brought her in there without a stroller. Usually since I have both kids I make her stay in the stroller b/c it makes me nervous trying to keep up with 2 in a big store like that. So I think she enjoyed the freedom. We played in the kids section for like 30 min. It was fun just to let her explore, touch things, climb, play trains. After Barnes and Noble we headed to PetSmart because we needed cat food. Lindsay enjoyed seeing the animals there as well. It was a fun easy outting with her.
I can't believe Colby has finished his first full week of kindergarten. I think things are going well. So far they are doing Bible, Phonics, Reading, Writing, Math, and Social Studies. They have also been to PE, Library, Computer, & Music. I am glad he seems happy and seems to love his teacher! We get a few stories here and there but he's really a man of few words about his day! I can't believe all that he's already learning!
I am definitely excited about the weekend! Getting everyone dressed and fed and out the door by 8 is exhausting! Saturdays will be much more appreciated now! This weekend we don't have too much planned. Colby is spending the day with my parents. I know I hate to send him off after he's been gone all week but they have missed him and he's missed them too! Plus I have a shower today so I am taking Lindsay with me to that. I know he will have a fun day and we will enjoy another girl outting. Tomorrow will be church...its supossed to rain a lot I hope we can get to church without getting soaked! I have to teach the preschoolers tomorrow. I got a call from our children's minister this week and he wants me to teach the younger preschoolers now. I really prefer the older ones b/c they can do more but I also am willing to work where needed. So now I will be teaching the 2s and young 3s. It will be fun b/c I will get Lindsay in a few months! She will promote up after her birthday in december a long with her 2 little friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment