Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back To School Routine

So we are getting into a new routine around here. Colby started school last Wednesday and its now Monday! I posted about his first day and first full day. Its taking me awhile to get used to him being gone so LONG! Before he has only ever gone to school 9-12 or 9-2 but this 8:30-3:30 stuff seems like FOREVER before we see him! On the other hand it is nice too though I feel like I am getting a lot done and I am definitely enjoying the one on one time its giving me with Lindsay.
Friday Lindsay and I met a friend at the mall. She had her son who is 1 but was also keeping another friend's children so there were 5 kids total! The other kids were ages 3 and 7! We let them play in the indoor play area while we sipped coffee. It was nice to chat and let them play. Lindsay really seemed to have a fun time. After they played we decided to take a potty break which ofcourse with 5 kids was interesting. We then went to Children's Place to do a little shopping. I bought Colby some more white socks...since that is what he wears every day now I figure we can't have too many! I also got Lindsay some pjs and some little play jewelry which she loves! Afterwards she and I came home to enjoy the rest of the day! After picking Colby up it was a busy afternoon. The Saints were playing at 7 so I had cancelled his tennis lessons. Our friends Samantha and Ryan came over to watch the game. I loved having friends over to visit with. Its something we don't do often! It was tiring though b/c we stayed up until after 11.
Saturday morning Colby had tennis lessons at 10:30. I was glad we didn't have to be out the house early so it was nice to have a low key morning. I think the kids enjoyed their pancakes and watching cartoons in their pjs too. Although there was a lot of fighting/fussing that happened that day. I think everyone is just adjusting to this new school thing! After tennis we came home and didn't do much the rest of that day. I think we were all tired and ready for some downtime!
Sunday Austin was off thankfully! It was nice to go to church as a family! It was also my off week from teaching so we were all able to sit in church together. It was a great service kind of kicking off the Fall semester! I am looking forward to all the exciting opportunities coming up this fall. The kids enjoyed their classes. My parents came to church with us so we all went to eat Mexican after! This was fun and like the old days! We don't do much eating out on Sundays anymore just b/c with 2 young kids its easier and cheaper to grab something quick and come home but it was a nice change of pace! The kids actually did really well too! We came home to rest and nap! That afternoon Austin and I attended Group Link. This was the kickoff to the fall Lifegroup semester. Austin was asked by our leader if he could come and help "represent" our group. I was glad we went b/c several of our members weren't there. Anyway I think we will have 1 new couple joining us in the fall. We were excited about getting to know them. They came here from Meridian, MS and the wife is a teacher at Belle Chasse Primary. It was nice to get out and visit with other adults for awhile but it also made for a busy and tiring Sunday. We came home and quickly ate and put the kids to bed to get ready for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment