Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Test Grade, Super Student, & Planes

So my little man had a big day today! First of all he came home and first thing he told us is he was a Super Student today! They have a behavior chart where they all start on green each day and if they misbehave they have to clip down. So far Colby has never had to "clip down". There is also the option of clipping up to Super Student which he apparently did today! He said Mrs. Bailey who teaches the 4 year olds told him to go clip up! I like that the whole school or atleast the younger classes all use the same behavior program. So if another teacher catches them being really good they can tell them to clip up in their class. He said he was being really quiet in the hallway! I am so proud of him! I also want him to understand though we expect him to be a great student but I will also be forgiving and understanding when he messes up. I would definitely punish him if there was a pattern but if he has one bad day that's totally understandable!
So the next thing is he came home today with his very first progress report. They will get these every Tuesday. So far his only grade was in Bible. They have to memorize a Bible Verse every week and say it back to the teacher on Fridays. So he got a 98 on that! Another proud mommy moment! But again I don't expect all A's. If he gets them great but I am not going to punish him nor will I pay him for good grades! Now yes like tonight he did receive a reward and I will probably take him on outtings or treats when I know he has worked hard but he will definitely not receive any type of pay out for every good grade he makes.
So onto the movie reward! Well it actually didn't really start out as a reward. We wanted to take him to see Planes for awhile now. It just came out last weekend. Austin works most weekends and Sundays are tied up with church so we really weren't sure now that Colby was in school when we would actually go. We figured we would just bite the bullet and take him after school to an early show. It started at 4:40 we figured that was reasonable to do movie and dinner and still get home to get in bed in time for school the next day. This was only his 2nd movie theater experience. We took him to see Cars2 When he was almost 3. I have to say he did better last night! He still got a little antsy but not nearly like he did at 2 1/2. I really liked the Planes movie too! I thought it was actually better then Cars 2. After the movie we ate at La Madeline's before coming home. Oh and my parents stayed with Lindsay! I CAN'T imagine bringing her to a movie yet! Plus it was nice to just have time with Colby.
So far he's doing so great in kindergarten! I think he's really exceeded my expectations! I am glad he loves it and I hope he continues to love learning and school! Now onto the rest of the week! Next big event: School Orientation for Lindsay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment