Friday, June 7, 2013

Tennis!

Colby started taking Tennis Lessons this week! I have been anxious to get him into a "sports" activity. I don't really care if he's athletic or if he plays one particular sport the rest of his life but I want to see him well rounded and atleast experience them so then he can decide for himself if he wants to continue. We did soccer when he was 3 1/2. He liked it ok. I started to sign him up for baseball this year or t-ball rather but I just felt like it was a big committment. So we opted for tennis. I started taking tennis lessons around his age and loved it! I think he will prefer individual sports.
He is going to take tennis once a week through the entire summer. We will see after that where to go from there but atleast its something active and he's learning.
The lesson was one hour long. I wasn't sure how he would do especially since it was after a long day of VBS but he ended up doing great! He hung in there WAY better then I expected. It was only him and an older boy but i think it worked out well that way. He didn't really start complaining until the end. He obviously has a lot to learn but he was already improving by the end! I am hoping this will tell us more about what sports he would like to do next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment