Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Weekend # 2

So we are into our second weekend of the summer! I am already a little sad at how fast summer is flying by! I feel like we have already had so much fun though!
Friday was a low key morning. Colby spent Thursday night with my parents. Lindsay and I took our time getting ready that morning. We then ran an errand before going to my parent's house to pick Colby up. We did get in the pool just for a few minutes after arriving. It was mainly just for everyone to cool off! Summer has definitely arrived and we are having temps of 98 already! The kids seemed to enjoy the swim! We came home and ate lunch and took naps and just hung out. Austin came home a little early so we did go eat at Chili's and went to Sam's. Its rare we get out at night and its nice when we do although I am always so tired after we do that! But the evening out as a family was fun! And with it being summer I am not as worried about what time the kids get to bed!
Saturday the kids and I enjoyed another laid back morning! I am totally loving the sleeping in! After we got going we went to Target to pick up a few things. We came in and enjoyed some playtime and lunch. Lindsay took a nap I just told Colby to play in his room for an hour so I could rest and get ready for the birthday party that afternoon. His little friend Addison from church was having a party at 2. It was nice he had something to do in the afternoon. I feel bad b/c we don't usually get out much in the afternoons b/c of Lindsay taking a nap. Colby still naps a couple days a week but he can go without easily. Thankfully my mom and dad kept Lindsay while we went to the party. It was at an art place which was really fun and different. The kids got to paint a piece of pottery then make a stuffed animal. Colby painted a kitty and made a stuffed cat! He was so thrilled to have that to take home. He enjoyed playing with his little church friends. I am so glad he has such a good group of kids to grow up with. That afternoon was very low key. I was wiped out after all that. Austin picked up dinner and we just hung out at home the rest of the day.
Sunday was church day. With Austin working it makes it really busy for me. Plus it poured rain this morning ofcourse when it was time to leave for church. We made it in ok. Today was my morning to work with the kids. It was a little sad b/c its the last week Colby will be in there with me. Starting next week he will go upstairs to JumpStart. I will definitely miss him being in my class but I know it will be good for him to get to know some other kids and leaders. The class went really well...it was a lot smaller then usual though probably due to the rain. We had fun though! After church we came home to rest and prepare for our busy afternoon and week ahead. Our lifegroup was planning a BBQ. Originally it was going to be at a local park but with the morning rain we figured even if it stopped the grass and play areas would still be wet. It ended up being at Christina's house. Honestly it probably worked out better. It was definitely easier with the young kids. It was a lot of fun just getting together with our friends and hanging out! The kids had a blast too especially Colby. He plays so well with Tiano. Tiano is 3 1/2 and they are good buddies. Lindsay is the next oldest...she had fun but she def got tired quick. There are 3 babies under 1 that were there also. I left with Lindsay around 6 b/c she was just so tired. She did good the first hour but after that she was just so hard to keep up with the slightest thing would make her cry. Colby stayed behind with Austin to help clean up. Needless to say we were all tired that night! It was a great weekend though! I can't believe we are through our 2nd weekend of summer! I hope all of our summer weekends are as fun as the first 2 though! We felt so blessed though by our evening with the lifegroup! We are looking forward to the summer semester starting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment