Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Weekend Fun

So it's been a busy weekend for just me and the kids! Austin had to work the entire weekend which always stinks but we've had plenty of fun activities to keep us busy!
Friday the kids had swim lessons again. I feel like this was their best day yet. Colby is doing well but still not confident enough to "swim alone". Lindsay definitely had her best day! There were no tears at all. She is grasping the concepts so quick too! I can't believe how well she is doing! Its amazing how fast they learn that young! So after swim we came home for lunch and naps. Friday evening Colby had tennis again. This was his 3rd lesson. I think he's doing great and seems to be learning. His attention span definitely doesn't last much past 30 minutes and this past week I think it was more like 20. His coach still says he's doing great though and has great hand/eye coordination! Anyway after lessons Colby went home with my parents to spend the night. I honestly enjoyed some down girl time with Lindsay. With Colby being out of school now for a month I haven't had the one on one time with her I was used to. It was also so much easier just bathing/putting 1 kiddo to bed! Austin was later then usual that night so I had a little mommy time which again was nice!
Saturday was busy even though I had just 1 kid. I also kind of had a fallout with Colby over the phone. He had a birthday party at 11 which we originally planned to pick him up at 10:30 for and drop Lindsay off at my parent's. Well he had a very ugly attitude with me so I got mad and told him we weren't going. I probably shouldn't have done that...looking back...but I wanted him to know it wasn't ok to do that. Well I calmed down and he calmed down so by the time I got to my parent's I made up my mind that we would go by the party for a little while but not stay b/c I would now be bringing Lindsay. I hated to mess up so many plans but I was tired the kids were tired and that's just what needed to be done. Anyway so he had a good attitude so we went on to the party. He was really looking forward to seeing one of his "old" school friends. I was so glad we ended up going b/c only 2 other party guests came. So my kids were like half the party. It was a swim party which I was a little worried about watching both by the pool but I just didn't let Lindsay swim. Colby went in and luckily they had some extra floaties that he used but he was so brave and had a blast! He swam around and jumped in and basically had no fear! I sat by the pool watching Lindsay and visiting with the other moms. It was hot and I was tired but watching my little boy have so much fun made it all worth while! By the time we got back the kids and I were exhausted. I felt like naptime didn't really happen the way I had wanted...that's the way it goes the longer you are out usually the less naps they take. That evening Austin came home early so we took the kids to chickfila. A real dinner would have been nice but the stage we are in with 2 young kids its usually not worth it. The kids enjoyed the food and they could be loud/move around and play on the playground after! Its a win-win! Afterwards we came home and let them play outside a while longer! I love times like that just enjoying each other!
Sunday Austin had to work so the kids and I went to church. I was thankful I didn't have any childcare so I was able to attend worship. This is always what I need to feel refreshed and refocused for the week. The kids seemed to do fine in their classes as well. It was nice to come home just the kids and I and have all afternoon to relax! That night we did have lifegroup. My parents came and watched Lindsay. It was a great night as well!
So thankful for a busy but good weekend! This summer so far has not slowed down! I can't believe how fast its going by too!

No comments:

Post a Comment