Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Week 3

So we are into our third week of summer! I can hardly believe that! I know I will soon be writing a back to school post and that just depresses me! But here we are on our 3rd week and we are still having fun and still getting a long! So far we have had a great summer and I am thankful for that!
So now that VBS has ended and we have a week before swim lessons we were left with a somewhat slower schedule although we still have several things going on!
Monday Lindsay had her 18 month doc visit scheduled. Luckily Austin was off so I didn't have to haul both kids in. He stayed at home with Colby and had some bonding time with him. Lindsay did great at the doc and it was easy peasy dealing with just her. She and I came home and picked up the boys. We went to Barnes and Noble and Best Buy. We weren't really shopping for anything just out to look and let the kids burn off some energy in the AC. They both love B&N and the train table. Ofcourse a major fight broke out between them...yea that was kinda embarrasing. We did buy Colby a couple books and a movie. He's really into Monsters Inc. all of a sudden and he calls it Monster Tales. After shopping we went to eat lunch at a place called Da Wabbit. We had never been there but it was quite delish! We all enjoyed our dishes. After that we came home to enjoy a quiet afternoon. After last week we have all been in need of that. After naptime the boys did yardwork and I mostly hung out inside with Lindsay. Austin did blow the pool up and I brought Lindsay out to swim with her big brother but it ended very quickly bc of a certain 4 year olds ugly attitude to his little sis! That night we put the kids to bed early and just enjoyed some down time!
Tueday morning I had Bible Study. My mom was originally going to keep the kids. She was even going to keep Colby all afternoon b/c of our housekeeper being here its just easier to have 1 gone. Well she got sick. But it all worked out. I brought both kids to childcare and I think they had fun. My friend Casee's kids were in there as well so I was glad they had someone they knew pretty well to hang out with. I am so excited about this Bible Study. This is now my 4th one at Calvary and I loved each one! This one definitely seems the most involved. I am excited though but glad that I've been doing this a year before hitting a "harder" study. Anyway after Bible study we ran errands and picked up lunch. I tried to keep the kids out of the maid's way as much as possible. They did well though. That afternoon we just mainly relaxed and hung out.
Wednesday was grocery shopping day! This year its SO much easier then it was last year...or maybe at this point I am used to hauling 2 kids in and out! They are both very well behaved though. Lindsay rides in the buggy and Colby walks and helps me pick out food. I really enjoy his company and help. He misses most of the grocery shopping experiences during the school year so its nice to have him along. I have friends who do not bring their children with them to the store and I can't imagine why b/c its a great place to learn! He gets to make choices, understand how to plan a meal, pick healthy foods, interact with people, etc! We got home and just enjoyed the afternoon together. That night we went to church. I actually brought both kids with me. They didn't have a meal though so I quickly fed the kids mac cheese before we left. Lindsay went to the nursery. She cried at first but I think did fine. Colby now goes to JumpStart and gets to hang with the big kids. They play games outside and have snacks then go upstairs for a Bible Study. I went into the prayer meeting they had for the adults. It was truly a neat time. We sat at 3 tables with groups of about 10 and just prayed straight for 45 min. It was awesome. We prayed for the group going to romania, the children that attended VBS, our country, and individual requests. I got to see Colby with his group after it was over for a little bit. It was a great night! Although going to church like that is tiring with 2 littles b/c I had to rush them home and get both in the tub but it was worth it!
Thursday i took the kids to the local Bounce Place with my friend Casee and her 2 boys. It was nice to especially let the big boys bounce and run around. Lindsay had an ok time but she mostly wanted to stay close to me and snack. she wanted nothing to do with the inflatables! She did play on their little toddler playset though. Luckily it did wear them both out and we came home and had lunch and naps! That afternoon we relaxed and hung around the house. It was another busy week and I can't believe how the summer is flying by! We have stayed so busy but we have had a somewhat slower schedule so that's been nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment