Friday, June 21, 2013

Swim Lessons Week 1

So this week has been consumed with swim lessons in the morning. Its been going well though! Colby goes first at 10:30. He's in a class with older boys but he does great. Mrs. Joan mostly works with him and is working on building his confidence. I think physically he could swim but he's not confident in himself yet to do it. Last summer he was swimming across the pool! I know he will do it in his own time just like everything else! I'm thankful though swim is every day so I think he learns faster this way plus he gets the added practice at my parent's house.
Lindsay is in a parent/child class at 11. She's really doing well to be so young. She's the youngest in the class but Joan says she's a natural. She cries when Joan takes her from me but she also stops crying in plenty enough time to be dunked under water its actually pretty funny! I am not even sure she is crying b/c she is scared I think she is just being dramatic! GIRLS! Anyway I am loving to watch what they are learning!
So not only are we having swim lessons we have also been busy each day with other things as well.
Monday-Since Austin was off on Monday he was able to go with us to swim and help out which was great...especially being the first day! That afternoon after the kids naps we took Colby uniform shopping. One step closer to kindergarten! It was early but I was glad to get the checked off my list! Still so much to do though: supplies, book bag, shoes, etc! Going to big boy school is a BIG deal!
Tuesday-A busy day! First I had Bible Study at 9. I definitely didn't want to miss! I knew I would have to leave 30 min early but I still wanted to go and get the most out of it. I am glad I went this so far has been a great study! A lot of homework but a great study nonetheless! I left at 10 and came home...btw my parents kept the kids here so they immediately drove Colby over to his lesson then I followed behind after Lindsay and I were dressed. That afternoon my parents took Colby home. It was nice to get the break with just 1 kid. That night he was quite exhausted. The kids ate dinner around 5:15 and I had them both in the bath around 6. This is our routine when Colby doesn't nap. Well I knew he was tired b/c he went swimming at their house too on top of his swim lesson. Well around 6:30 he went to his room and shut the door but I really didn't think much of it b/c he does this often to go play and keep Lindsay out. Well austin got home around 7 and asked where he was. He went to check on him and Colby was sacked out! I couldn't believe it! He's never gone to bed that early! I was worried he would wake up but he never did! Needless to say Austin had an easy night because at 7:30 I went to meet Casee for coffee and to go over our Bible Study. This is going to be our new "thing". I am grateful for the time to meet and visit with another friend who is the same place in life and discuss our Bible Study. I think it will be good for both of us and keep us accountable.
Wednesday-We had swim lessons that morning then we had a low key afternoon. That evening we went to church. This was our 2nd week back to church on wednesdays this summer. I have enjoyed getting back into this routine. Now that Colby has promoted to kindergarten at church he gets to do all the really cool things that the children's ministry does this summer. They are learning about missions and other countries. Last night was Asia and they had rickshaw races which I think Colby loved! Lindsay just goes to childcare but I think she does fine. Usually I would go to prayer meeting but I had a meeting last night with the women's ministry. I was asked last week if that was something I would pray about and do. I am excited about this new thing in my life. I always have worked with children's ministry but never women's so I think this will be a cool new thing! I am excited because it will be time for me!
So Thursday...oh Thursday this was a VERY busy day for us! Austin was off though thankfully I'm not sure I could have done it all by myself! First of all we had our roof being re-done. That was a pain in and of itself. Anyway the kids also had their swim lessons. Although Lindsay's ended up being cancelled. So we came home ate lunch and tried to rest with all the banging! Thankfully Lindsay did sleep that was the main thing! So while she was still napping Austin and Colby went to the grocery store! I was so thankful they did that b/c I had no idea when I would go this week! Afterwards we put everything away then all jumped in the car and went to Target! We then came home and cooked hamburgers then put the kids to bed! I was glad we accomplished so much in one day but it was a very tiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment