Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Father's Day Weekend

This weekend was a good one. It began Friday ofcourse with swim lessons. I declared Friday a rest day though. Other then swim lessons we didn't do much. It was nice to have some low key time at home. Its just been so hot too there isn't much to do. That night we let the kids stay up for Movie Night. They chose Mary Poppins this week. Austin came home from work not feeling good so it was sort of a bummer that all weekend he wasn't feeling his best. 
Saturday was an early and busy start. Usually I like to reserve Saturday's for sleeping in but this week I figured since we had been able to sleep in some the last 2 weeks it would be ok to get an early start. First Colby had an 8:30 tennis lesson. It was hard getting out that early but worth it b/c it wasn't nearly as hot plus we still had a lot of our day left. We then had a playdate with Lindsay's friend Claire at the Children's Museum. The kids were super excited about this since we haven't been in awhile. We got there right when they opened which was nice b/c no one was there! We first went into the toddler room (Lindsay's request). I know Colby is too old for that room but no one was in there yet so I figured it was ok. He quickly got bored though so we moved on to the boats. We stayed in this exhibit awhile and this is where Claire found us. Lindsay was MUCH happier once her friend arrived. It was nice to be able to visit with Tayna while the kids played. I love that they are all independent enough to mostly play alone now. The next thing we did was the grocery store. This also kept them busy for quite awhile. They all loved it! We then went to the Tree Room. Again they played for awhile in here and we were able to visit. It was cute watching the girls running around in capes and Colby in a raccoon costume. After they played in there awhile we talked them into going downstairs. They played there for a short time then they announced a presentation going on in the theater. We took them all in. It was about Latin American dancing. I think the kids liked it but it went a little long and I know both of mine got bored. It was neat though that they were exposed to something educational like that! I try to make summer about learning so I do feel like they learned a little something. After that it was noon so I felt like we needed to head home. 
By the time we headed home Austin was on his way home too. We all crashed that afternoon. We mostly hung low with him not feeling well. We did let the kids swim in the backyard pool though. 
Sunday was a very busy day! I love church and getting together with family but holidays that fall on Sundays are usually quite exhausting. Well I was teaching this week after being out the previous week. It was good to be back but I wasn't feeling great so it was a little hard. Thankfully we didn't have a HUGE class and for the most part they all behaved so that was good. I think Lindsay was excited to be around Genevieve again. I am so thankful for her little friendships. It was also good for Colby to be back with friends. After the first service we went to my parents house to start prepping for Father's Day while everyone else stayed for second service. Finally everyone arrived including Austin. The kids were really good during that time and very helpful. It was good to eat and visit and have time with my parents and Randall and Elizabeth. It had been since Memorial Day that we had all been together. We were over there most of the afternoon. My parents ended up suggesting leaving the kids for a little while so they could go swim. I was thankful for the time to come home and rest. Austin picked them up at dinner time and we came home to eat and get ready for bed. We were all pretty wiped out. It ended up being quite a rough night. austin's stomach still wasn't feeling good, I was having bad female issues, bailey peed on the carpet twice during the night, and Allie had an upset stomach twice in her kennel! Needless to say the kids are the only ones who got a good nights sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment