Saturday, June 6, 2015

VBS #MOVE



So this week is VBS for us. We've been quite busy and all tired and exhausted but its been so worth it! The theme this year is MOVE! Its my third VBS at Calvary along with Colby. Its Lindsay's first VBS ever! This year I was asked to direct preschool VBS again. April has helped me through a lot of the prep. That part I don't feel could be done alone. Although she has had to teach a class so this week I have pretty much had the position alone. We have been running at 50 something preschoolers. 
Colby is in the 1st grade class with his friends: Nijel, Christian, and Ella. I am glad he had so many of his besties in his class! He seems to be having a fun week! 
Lindsay is in the 3 year old class. She seemed to really have fun too! I worried she might tire out but she did really great all week. I could tell her energy level wasn't quite as high on the last 2 days as it was at the start but I think she had a great time! I think she loved having Mia, Genevieve, and Sophia in her class! 
This was second year as preschool director. Overall I really love what I do. I love the organization part of it as well as the fact that I am not stuck in a room all day. I like getting to move around and see what different classes are up to. I feel like I get the feel of the overall picture that way. There were a few stressful moments but I don't think I would mind doing it again! i had some great teachers to partner with this year! 
The kids are singing on sunday in church and they are having a water day so its nice knowing there will be one more big bang before that's it. As tiring as VBS is its always a little sad when the kids leave and the decorations come down. Because over that week you become a family. I really enjoyed getting to love on all the kids this year. I loved having both of mine up there with me as well every day! It was a great week! Now we are ready to rest and sleep in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment