Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week 2 of Swim Lessons

I cannot believe we are almost finished swim lessons! The kids have done fantastic. Colby has picked up so much confidence. He is now working more on form and discipline. Lindsay is doing great. I think with lots of practice she will be swimming a little on her own too! 
Monday- That morning we had to grocery shop. I always hate having to rush off and do that before swim lessons but it was really our only choice. The rest of the day was pretty low key. Austin worked late so it was just the kids and I. We went and picked up Chickfila for dinner. We tried to take a walk but little miss fell down half way into it and we had to turn around and head home. 
Tuesday- We had to rush out that morning b/c Lindsay had a hair appointment. This was her first haircut ever! Honestly I probably could have waited longer b/c there was nothing wrong with her hair but I felt like the bottom needed a little trim to even it out and keep  the ends healthy. She didn't cut but maybe half an inch and kept the rest as is. Lindsay was unsure of at first but sat on my lap and did fine and it took all of like 5 minutes. We were able to come home and have time to relax before swim lessons. After lessons the kids went home with my parents. This was the 2nd week in a row they took them on Tuesday. I was thankful too! Since its summer and I stay at home I am pretty much with them 24/7. Its been nice to get a break to work around the house but also to rest. They got home around dinner time. We ate then took a walk. It was another night Austin worked late so it was just the kiddos and I. 
Wednesday- I was thankful to finally have a morning not to rush off anywhere! The kids and I enjoyed some much needed down time! After swim lessons we came home also. It was great to finally have a day to relax. That evening though we went to church. Once again my littles had a blast at church and had lots of friends to play with! Lindsay was excited to see Genevieve and Zoe and Colby ahd Nijel and Max to play with! 
Thursday- We had a very busy day! Thankfully though we did get a relaxful morning! After swim lessons we had made plans to meet a friend and her son at Chickfila. They are about to move to VA so this was really our last "hang out" time. Another friend April also came! It was nice visiting with some other mom's. During the summer I don't get to do as much of that so it was nice! The kids were very well behaved and ate and played on the playground! I do love the ages that they are at! They are so independent! Don't get me wrong I miss having a baby around but I am learning to appreciate the ages they are and all that we can do now! After lunch we drove down to the uniform shop. I was anxious to get this over with! Usually we have done it by now! This year he needed new everything! A lot of stuff he was able to keep in kinder and first but now he had outgrown it all! We bought size 7 shorts and pants! And large fleece and sweatshirt! He had a medium and they were starting to get snug then we got medium shirts! Only issue the shirts weren't in yet so I will have to go back at some point and pick those up. Since they behaved so well throughout it all i picked up chocolate shakes for them. I was exhausted when we got home but it was too late to nap. I let them watch tv for awhile. We had a pretty low key afternoon.
Its been a great week and I am proud of all their swimming! I think they are both ready for some water activity. I pretty much trust that Colby could swim alone while being watched now and hopefully Lindsay will gain some confidence soon as well! Austin has worked a lot but I have enjoyed the time with the kids! We are excited about the upcoming weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment