Sunday, June 14, 2015

Swim Lessons Week 1

I cannot believe we are already almost finished with Week 1 of Swim lessons. So far the kids are doing great! Lindsay hasn't cried once which is a MAJOR improvement from the last 2 years. Colby also started the first day at the deep end. Last year by the second week he got promoted to the deep end but I am glad to see his confidence and that it doesn't seem like he lost much from last year! He's swimming great! Now its really time to just hone in on those skills and improve his form. So far Lindsay is doing well. She ofcourse is still a beginner but by the end of last year she was partially swimming alone so I am hoping by week 2 we see a little more of that too! 
With swim lessons we have had a slower paced week which is always nice. Monday I did have to grocery shop but after that and swim we just stayed home. The kids have been super about finding stuff to do. They have played a lot together. I have also had them practicing math and phonics and handwriting each morning as well. 
Tuesday we were able to stay in that morning which was nice. We had a really low key day. The kids and I were able to take a walk that evening which was nice. I am just enjoying the time at home after last weeks craziness! That afternoon after swim lessons my parents did take them home for a few hours. I did really enjoy a few hours to myself! I mostly relaxed! I have not had many quiet moments home alone! Even during the school year it was rare with our busy schedule and Lindsay only going half day. 
Wednesday we had another stay at home morning. After swim lessons we had a relaxful afternoon. Lindsay took a long nap. That evening we started back to church. We have enjoyed the break but I was glad to have a mid-week activity again for the kids! It was a blast too! This year they decided to have the activities geared to all ages. I wasn't sure though that there would be any preschoolers there but there ended up being 4 little girls counting Lindsay. Even Zoe her school friend showed up! She was on cloud 9. Colby had his best friend Nijel and was quite happy with that! They played life size Angry birds. They also had a Bible story time outside. I mostly hung out with the little girls though. They wanted to play and swing. 
Thursday Austin was off. We had a nice morning at home before swim lessons. After swim lessons we went to lunch at Common Grounds then went to get Lindsay's passport. We were so proud of how well she did! A year ago she would have probably screamed and refused to take her picture! We enjoyed having Austin home and just hanging out as a family that afternoon! We spent the evening getting ready for our upcoming camping weekend! More on that later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment