Wednesday, June 3, 2015

VBS PREP and WEEK 1 of Summer

So we just finished up Week 1 of Summer. It was a very busy week for the most part but our schedule also is more relaxed so we are finding our summer groove as well. 
Monday ofcourse was Memorial Day. We celebrated that day at my parent's house. Austin was off and it was a nice family day.
Tuesday was the first day to just be me and the kids. It was our grocery shopping day so we really didn't get to do anything "fun". The kids were very well behaved though. They played a lot of board games and we did some arts and crafts and also played outside. I was really pleased with how our day went. Now that the kids are older summer days aren't quite so long even when I am doing it myself! We also got into taking evening walks so that was fun with the kids as well. They are so cute they love to stop and talk with all the elderly neighbors around. 
Wednesday was another day with just myself and the kids. This was also a VBS work day for me. I brought them with me. They did pretty well and were troopers considering the first part of their summer is consumed with VBS stuff. they played and talked to the other teachers. We mostly just tried to get our bearings and work on cutting things out that day. That afternoon was another just relax and enjoy ourselves. We once again took a walk that night. So far I am loving the laid backness of summertime. I love that in the afternoons we don't have to get out and go anywhere. 
Thursday since I still had VBS work to do I brought the kids to my parents house. I am blessed to have that option b/c I couldn't imagine making them do that 2 days in a row. Plus its easier for me to think and focus when I am not having to correct a 6 and 3 year old. I think they had a blast swimming. I was glad they could do something fun and active while I worked. That afternoon we were all pretty tired so we just had a low key afternoon.
Friday Austin was off thankfully. It had been a long week even though he had only worked 3 days. I guess they were long days with him getting in late so I was with the kids non-stop! It was another VBS work day for me. I asked him to do something fun with the kids. They chose to do the Aquarium. Again I was so thankful they could get out the house and go somewhere fun while I worked. It gave them time with him and got their energy out for when I got home. We had a productive day working and we were able to get everything set up for the week of VBS! That afternoon we just had a low key day. He let the kids swim in their pool. That evening we had movie night. 
Saturday Austin was off again! He was so sweet to go with me to SAM's to get all the snacks for VBS. It was a fun family outting. I really like that my kids get to participate in the getting ready for VBS. I pray that they are learning to have a servant's heart and that we can serve as a family. We dropped the stuff off then went to have lunch out. We got home and Austin set up our water slide for them. Again I am so glad they are getting to do some fun stuff in the midst of me being so busy with VBS stuff. We all rested that evening and stayed close to home. 
Sunday was ofcourse church. Austin was back at work. I felt like things went well in my preschool class. We had about 12 kiddos. We had a celebration for our month of Happy Helpers! It was a 5 week month so we celebrated with balloons, decorations, and milk and cookies. The kids therefore were slightly wild but it was fun to see them so happy! The kids and I had to grocery shop after which I hate doing but it was a must with VBS this upcoming week! We relaxed and hung around the house the rest of the day. 
Look for a post about VBS soon!  


No comments:

Post a Comment