Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July

The 4th fell on a Saturday this year. Austin was off which was nice. We had a leisurely morning around the house then went over to my parents. We got there early so that the kids would have time to swim. Austin and my dad got in with them. I skipped swimming today. I really didn't feel like the extra work or having to change, plus I showered that morning and didn't feel like getting gross either...lame I know! Anyway I was able to relax a bit and visit and help my mom in the kitchen. 
Everyone arrived by noon so we went on and ate. It was our usual group: my parents, us, R&E, Mrs. Eva, and Mrs. Doris. My mom had a project for the kids when they finished eating. That was to design a flag. This kept them quite entertained for awhile. It was nice to be able to visit with everyone. I do love now that our kids are older and I don't have to stress about naptimes and such. We visited for a couple hours before heading home. The rest of the day was pretty low key. We took a walk that night and shot some of our own fireworks in the backyard. We contemplated taking the kids to the levee b/c I felt like Lindsay was finally old enough to handle it but b/c the 4th fell on a Saturday it would be hard to get everyone up early for church the next day. 
Sunday was a big day b/c things were changing in our preschool department. We were finally promoting the 2 year olds up. We now have 2 classes. We have tried this for the last 2 years and we just always ended up combining. I really pray it lasts this time. It was good we had 2 classes too b/c in all I think we had 13 kids. Our class was basically the same we just moved up a room. I am glad I get to stick with my usuals. I think Lindsay enjoyed the new classroom and it made them feel bigger! That afternoon again was low key for us. We just rested up for the week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment