Friday, July 31, 2015

Slow Summer Weekend

So we have been SO busy on the week days that I tried hard to take it easy and have a restful weekend. 
Friday all we had to do was grocery shop. I was excited to stay in and take it easy with the kids. We even played school and they got to play A LOT! That night we had our movie night. We watched Planes Fire and Rescue. It was a sweet fun night. 
Saturday I really didn't know what we would do. Colby was scheduled to have tennis lessons but I didn't hear from the coach so we decided very last minute to go swim at my parents again. Its too hot so there isn't much else to do plus I knew after a pretty much stay at home day the day before we couldn't do that again. Ofcourse we heard from the tennis coach as soon as we were pulling up to my parent's. But I just decided to cancel. I knew the kids would not be happy if I changed the plans on them. Again it was fun swimming and just visiting and hanging out with my parents. This time we didn't stay for lunch though. I had a lot to do and was looking forward to some time at home. We did try to take a walk that evening but it started to look like it might storm so we sat in the garage and watched the storm roll in. A #1000 gifts moment! 
Sunday was again church day. It was just the kids and I. I was scheduled to teach. We ended up with 10 kids! I was mostly by myself but I found my groove and I found it to be WAY less chaotic then the previous week. Even though there was still a few kids that required a lot of work and patience ;). The 2 year old class also had 6 or 7 so I am so thankful we have decided to split b/c I cannot imagine having 16 or 17 kids in one class! That afternoon we once again had a lazy afternoon. Our weekdays have been so busy I really do like to catch up on rest on the weekends. Its ofcourse been WAYY too hot for much outdoor play as well. Looking forward to another summer week of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment