Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Colby's Birthday Weekend









Wow so here we are! Celebrating Colby's 7th Birthday! So Friday was his actual birthday and also the day of his party! This has happened one other time when he was 2 and his b-day fell on a Saturday along with the party. In some ways I like it but I did miss having our little family birthday with him. Anywho this is a recap of the day! 
Colby requested donuts for his b-day breakfast so we had those. This year he got a wheelbarrow from us and the Disney store trip (previous post). That morning was pretty rushed. i had to go to the grocery and Austin stayed here with the kids and worked on cleaning the house. 
We left the house around lunch and headed to my parent's to get ready for the party. (Back story: It was supposed to be a camping party but due to circumstances with Austin's parents it ended up last minute being changed to a pool party at my parents.) We dropped the food off there then took the kids to eat lunch and pick up the cake. It was nice to slow down for a few minutes with them and eat lunch at Subway. We spent the next while getting things set up for his party. We tried to get the kids to quiet down and watch a movie so that they would be well rested for the party. Austin's family arrived around 1 or so. Basically everyone worked on setting up or just visiting. It rained for about 2 hours and we were a little concerned about the party plans. Luckily right at 4 it stopped and cleared up and never rained again. He had quite a crowd this year for his b-day. Ofcourse all the family, then there was Shelbi (11), Maggie (8 1/2), Nijel (7), Colby (7), Makyrin (7), Ella (7), Max (7), Mia (3 1/2), Lindsay (3 1/2) Makylee (2), and Emma (1 1/2 Months).  So the kids enjoyed the pool for about an hour and a half. We got them out to eat then they all got back in. I was glad to see them having so much fun and swimming. It was also nice b/c most of the kids were pretty independent in the water. I enjoyed visiting with everyone ofcourse as the party hostess I always feel crazy trying to be everywhere at the same time. After all the swimming we finally did cake and that was it! We didn't have time to open presents. I think the party went really well and God was so awesome with the weather. After all the party guests left while it was just family we let him open his presents. It was such a fun day/night. So worth all the stress and craziness leading up to it. I love seeing him hang out with his friends! 
That night we got home and we had Wendi, Shelbi, and Maggie staying with us. We got all the kids bathed/showered and headed off to bed asap. It was nice to finally sit down! 
I know they were all tired b/c no on had a hard time going to sleep.
Saturday was another busy day for us. We got up early so that we could all eat breakfast together. We met at McDonald's with my parents and Austin's family. It was nice to have one more little time together before they had to head home. The kids and I didn't stop there we had to run to Target for a few things. That afternoon Lindsay and I had a birthday party. I really didn't feel like going but I felt that we should. She really wanted to go and she had been such a trooper letting Colby have all the attention the day before. It was a Frozen themed party so I knew she would love it! Well we got there and they let the girls do crafts outside first thing. Well the crafts were adorable but it was SO hot! It was in the triple digits by that point so we were all just pouring sweat. She and I finally went in along with most others. We ended up visiting with a mom and little girl that actually went to Aurora. They soon gathered up all the little girls for ANNA and Elsa to visit. It was neat to see all their little reactions to the princesses. Lindsay was very shy though and didn't want to take a turn going up to see them. It was also very crowded and hot during this part of the party. I was honestly tired and ready to go but I knew Lindsay wanted to stay for cake. Finally they did cake and she enjoyed that part. She even got to speak to Elsa on the way out. We left soon after. It was nice to hang out at home that evening.
Sunday we were off to church. I had to teach and man was it exhausting! It was the first week I've had like this in a long time. I just felt all off and the kids were WILD! We only had 9 but it felt like 19! That afternoon the kids and I just relaxed which was lovely! So thankful for the weekend and all we got to do though and celebrating Colby! It was all great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment