Saturday, July 18, 2015

Birthday Prep

So this week we are preparing for Colby's birthday! I cannot believe my baby boy is almost 7. So far this week has been pretty busy as is any week before a big b-day party! 
Monday- I had a doctor's appointment. It worked out well b/c the kids were already spending the night with my parents. I was really nervous and dreading going to the doc since I hadn't been in 3 years. So thankful to God though that everything came back fine. And it was also super quick. I was able to pick the kids up and we ran to the library. We haven't been able to go to Storytime this summer but the last 2 times we have gone on a Monday Colby has complained he didn't want to go anyway? I think they would enjoy it but I didn't want to force it either. They are always happy though to pick out books. We have read a lot this summer so that's been great! That evening Lindsay had her dance class again. I think she really loves jazz&tap she does so well! She seems to really have fun! I am glad I made the choice and are making the sacrifice to get her to these classes. I still haven't made up my mind about doing this in the school year though. 
Tuesday- I had Bible study. Once again the kids went to my parents. I know it must sound like they go over there a lot but this past week has been out of the ordinary. But I am so thankful for their help! Again Book Club was amazing! We had 15+ women show up! I am really loving it and feel God speaking to me about thankfulness. Its also nice to get back into that routine for me and my walk with Christ. That afternoon we enjoyed a low key day! I knew it was our only stay at home evening the whole week so I tried to soak it up! We took a walk that night even though its like 500 degrees outside! 
Wednesday- We had to make a trip to Sam's to buy food for the party. The kids were patient and then we picked up lunch and came home. That afternoon we tried to rest up so we could go to church that evening. We have had a lot of nights out lately but I am glad they get to see their friends mid-week like that. I know they always have fun and it tires them out for the night.
Thursday- This was my fun day with the kids. I had promised Colby a trip out to Lakeside. We haven't been since like November so I knew they would enjoy it. Plus I figured I could also buy his school shoes. They both got their feet measured. Poor things I have been so off on their shoe sizes. Colby measured a 12 1/2 I think? He's been wearing a size 1 now for awhile. They tried to get me to buy size 13 1/2 but I really want his shoes to last all year. Lindsay measured a size 9 1/2 I think so she was good with shoes. They were both very cooperative. This was the first year she let us measure her feet since she was a baby. After that we went to the Disney Store. I promised Lindsay she could get one small thing since it had been so long since we were there and we used to always get Colby a small something since its a rare occasion. I told him he could get whatever he wanted for his birthday. He ended up with 2 cars and a drinking cup. That's all the kid wanted! We walked around a little while longer then ended up eating lunch with some friends who we ran into. It was fun to visit with them for awhile. She has 2 sons 5 and 2 1/2. My kids know them from church so I think they enjoyed the company as well! 
It was a very busy week but we were so excited about the upcoming birthday weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment