Monday, July 27, 2015

Sweet Summer Days....

Well here we are finding ourselves in the last 3 week of summer. I cannot believe it has gone by so fast! There are days I am ready for school to begin just so I can get a break from the fighting and screaming and also just the being with kids 24/7. But I know I will also miss them and I also dread the things that come along with school: tests, homework, projects, waking up early etc. 
Monday- It was a day I looked forward to b/c it was a family day for us. Since Austin was only off 1 day last week and Colby's party fell on his actual b-day we hadn't had time to just have a family day to celebrate him! We chose as per tradition to spend the morning at the aquarium and then have lunch at the Riverwalk. It was fun going to the Aquarium. It was the first time we had all been as a family since probably the summer before. I think the kids really had fun even though they have the entire place memorized ;) Lunch was great and just walking around the Riverwalk. They both love it I guess b/c we don't do it often! We came in and rested then Lindsay had her dance class that afternoon. I felt like a crazy lady. Ofcourse this was also the day we had to bury Bailey. I got to dance class early and was just sitting in the car. We got out and I realized I left her shoes! AHH I tried to call Austin thinking he could run them to me and she could go ahead and get started. Well he wasn't answering and when I finally got a hold of him he and Colby were locked out the house! AHH the one night I thought would be semi-relaxful b/c I didn't have to bring Colby turned into disaster. I contemplated just skipping so I asked Lindsay but she said oh no mommy I want to go! So we busted butt to get home grab shoes and head back. We were 15 minutes late but I felt like she still got enough of the class it wasn't a super big deal. 
Tuesday- Austin was off again. I love tuesdays and going to my book club. Colby opted to stay with Austin and work in the yard and I took Lindsay to my parent's house. It was another great week...we have had so many ladies...its been wonderful. I always end up staying around like an hour after and just visiting too which is cool. That afternoon we tried to clean up our house for company. We invited Ryan (Mr. Ryan) over for dinner. We have been saying we would do this for awhile and it finally just seemed like the right time. We had chicken alfredo and salad. I think he enjoyed it. The kids loved having him here and it was nice to visit with him and get to know him better. It was a late night for us though b/c he didn't leave until about 9ish. The kids were crazy wild but we finally got them settled in bed. 
Wednesday- Austin was back to work and the kids and I had a busy day planned. Colby had a doctor's appointment at 8:30. We woke up early and headed out to that. It was lovely b/c we were the only patients there when we got there. We only waited like 5 minutes in the waiting room and then about 10 minutes in the exam room. Colby checked out great! I always love visiting with our doc and she was pleased with his growth and Lindsay as well. We left there and went to Target for school supplies. I always enjoy buying those. We got that done and then came home to rest up. That evening we had church. I have really enjoyed going this summer and hanging out with not only my kids but all the others as well. Its given me a chance to get to know and love on the big kids since I am usually downstairs with the preschoolers. As always my kids had a great time. 
Thursday - the kids and I finally had a free day so we decided to go swimming. I couldn't believe it had been since June since I had been. It was nice visiting with my parents and seeing the kids swim like little fish. They have really learned so much this year! That evening Lindsay had ballet class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment