Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sweet Summer

This week we are marching right on through summer and the month of July! So crazy that in a month we will be returning to school and starting 2nd grade! YIKES! 
Monday- we had a busy day. Colby had a dentist appointment and then we had to grocery shop! The dentist appointment went well. They said his 6 year molars are coming in and he's got atleast one loose tooth. No cavities so that was a blessing. The afternoon we relaxed and then that evening Lindsay started DANCE! I never really pictured myself as a dance mom but we talked with Colby's 1st grade teacher who teaches at the Christian dance studio here and she encouraged us to try the summer classes. I have been bouncing back and forth between trying dance or gymnastics with her. She told me she preferred dance so I thought since we had a friend in the business we would start there! So Monday was her first night. I signed her up for 4 tap/jazz classes and 4 ballet. Monday was tap/jazz. She did really well and really seemed to like it! I was so proud of how well she listened too! 
Tuesday- I started back to Bible study. Its always funny I don't realize how much I missed it until I go back. We've had a nice long break which has been nice but it was wonderful to be surrounded by godly women again. We are doing a Book Club of 1000 gifts. I read it already but I am enjoying re-reading it. I really need this time for myself and my Christian walk as a mom. This summer I have mostly been with my kids 24/7 with not much adult only interaction time. We had about 10 women and a lively discussion so that was great! I picked the kids up afterwards and we ran a couple of errands before getting home. We enjoyed the afternoon and having Austin around and getting some family time in. 
Wednesday- a free family day for us. We debated a few different things to do on this day but we finally settled on the WWII museum. The kids had never been. The last time I had gone was when I was pregnant with Colby. It was neat getting to do something like this with them. I believe its important to teach kids respect for their country and soldiers. Colby was really into it. I was surprised at how well he liked it. I cannot wait until he starts learning about that stuff in history class then we can re-visit. Lindsay had fun but I don't think she understood much or cared haha! We had lunch out at Dat Dog which was fun. It was just a fun family day. We need those every once in awhile. We came back and rested up for church that evening. We brought Colby's friend Max with us. I am so glad he's been able to go to church with us some. He really seems to enjoy it. As always the kids had a blast. Lindsay had her friend Zoey to hang out with and Colby had Nijel and Max. It was also nice having Austin with us since he rarely gets to go. 
Thursday- I had a dentist appointment to start out the day. BLAH! The kids went to my parents during this. I picked them up right after. We ran a quick errand to Party City before coming home. We rested up before Lindsay's dance class that evening. She had ballet. I was glad her friend Claire was in this class or I am not sure she would have enjoyed it as much. There were a lot more older girls and it was WAYY more structured. I think she liked it though and I think it will be good for her I just think a lot went over her head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment