Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Friends, Tennis, Swimming, and Concerts

Wow this past weekend was packed! It was fun though! Friday we kicked off the weekend with a trip to Confetti Park. I really thought we were going to be alone b/c I had asked a couple friends and no one was for sure. Well I got up that morning and got 3 texts from friends. First was Colby's friend Makyrin. He and his mom met us there. Second was Lindsay's friend Claire. I was so happy they would both have a friend. Its always hard to balance 2 kids now with friendship needs. We luck out with a few friends that are brother/sister but most of the time its a balancing act. Also I had volunteered to keep a friend's son. He and Colby were friends as toddlers and in preschool. We have sort of lost touch but re-connected this summer. Anyway so she also dropped him off at the park. So we had 5 kids in our little group! The kids played hard for about 2 hours. I love going with friends b/c my kids don't get bored. 
That afternoon we had Max here so it was pretty busy. The kids played pretty well and I only had to run interference a few times. His momma picked him up about 3:30. I was pretty worn out after everything though and it wasn't a good night. I feel bad for the way I acted towards my family. I feel like I have been running myself ragged since June. I really needed some momma down time. 
Saturday we started bright and early for Colby's tennis lesson. He only has a couple left so I wanted to make sure we went this week. He is improving greatly. His coach is moving after this year so I am not sure what next year will look like. I would love now that he's had 3 summers of lessons to get him more into a group setting. I think he would have more fun. I also kind of hope that Lindsay will want to join him next year. After tennis I dropped the kids off to swim. Normally I would go to but 1) I just got my period and 2) I needed to go to the grocery store. It was just easiest to get this out the way while they were happy and swimming. We came home after that and had a lovely low key day which was really nice. 
Sunday Austin was off. I had made the decision after our rough Friday night that I needed to take a week off teaching and just be with Austin in church. We rarely get to sit in church together and I just felt we needed this. It felt weird missing my class but oh so nice to go into church. We also brought Max with us to church. I am so glad he is getting to come with us and we are able to help out even in such a small way while his family goes through this difficult time. After church we brought him home then came home for lunch and to rest. That afternoon we dropped the kids off at my parent's house. We had a concert! We ate dinner at Olive Branch first. It was a nice outting him and I. Again something we needed! The concert was amazing! I was dreading it slightly just with so much going on but it ended up being so worth it! I loved every second of it! I was so thankful we had that opportunity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment