Sunday, July 5, 2015

SUMMA time!

Tuesday was one of those days we were able to get out and do something fun! I decided to bring the kids to play putt-putt at City Park. We had never been...Colby had played putt-putt before but never there. I wanted to do something different and so this was one of my bucket list things to do this summer. I tried to invite a few friends but no one could come so we invited my parents to tag along. They always enjoy being around the kids. 
I think the kids liked it although Colby got hot and Lindsay lost interest about halfway through but my parents and I had a great time! I think the kids liked it though and we will def return soon! 
After playing we found a shady spot with some swings and sat for awhile before coming home! It was a sweet memory. I have enjoyed our laid back schedule in the afternoons. We nap, then watch tv, then do some school work, eat dinner, then go for walks. We are truly loving summer time! 
Wednesday we had no real plans again just a need for a couple errands. I decided to take the kids to breakfast at Chickfila. With our busy summer so far we haven't had many if any breakfasts out. We ended up meeting up with Lindsay's friend Claire. It was a nice change of pace and I enjoyed visiting with Tayna. After breakfast we had to go to Target to get dance stuff for Lindsay. I also promised the kids a trip to Barnes and Noble. That was the first time we had been there in awhile. It was a fun morning...simple but fun. That evening we had church. It was good to get back after missing a week. The kids were glad to see their friends! Colby got to see Ella and Nijel and Lindsay is always happy to play with Genevieve. It rained so they had to stay inside this week but I think both still had fun and were worn out when they got home! 
Thursday was another busy day for us. I had an early hair appointment. My parents came to pick up the kids for me. I was glad to have that adult just me time! I haven't honestly had much this summer. Afterwards I picked up my 2 then we drove down to Belle Chase to pick up Ella. We had invited her over to spend some time with the kids. Its great b/c both really get along well with her. She is in Colby's class and they have been friends for quite some time. I was really pleased at how well they played. She is probably the easiest friend we have ever had over. She was very compliant and polite and we just enjoyed her so much! With a new baby at home and 2 brothers I figured it would give her mom a little break. She stayed until almost dinner time then her dad came to get her. The kids played inside and out and really were pretty low maintenance. I turned on a movie late afternoon just to keep them from getting bored. 
Friday was a hectic day for us. First of all our dryer broke the day before so I was really hoping we could get it fixed today. I called first thing. The kids and I had pretty loose plans. I had promised them a trip to the park though. We haven't done many park trips this summer. Colby chose Mel Ott. When we got there though they were sad b/c most of the play area was blocked off. Although I was encouraged it looks like they are building a new play area so that will be good. They played for about 20 min. We honestly would have stayed longer but the repairman called and said he was on his way so we scurried home. Thankfully it didn't take long to fix then we headed back out to the grocery. I felt all flustered and it was crowded in the store. Then when I got up there to pay I realized I forgot my wallet!! AHH! Anyway I was able to write a check and text Austin for his license number. Thankfully I shop at Rouses' all the time and I think they trusted me. Needless to say the rest of the day was low key. I hated we didn't get to do more fun stuff but after that I was fried! we did watch a movie that night so that was nice too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment