Monday, August 14, 2017

BACK 2 SCHOOL

Hard to believe we are already winding up our first full week of school. School started back on Monday. The kids were anxious and ready! Colby has definitely been the most ready. He's been super excited about Mrs. G and the 4th grade class. Lindsay finally started seeming excited over the weekend but also still a bit apprehensive. They both have rocked their first week though. 
Colby has reported a great week and so far is doing wonderfully. This first week they are mostly reviewing things like multiplication and also mostly working on rules and procedures. He is loving the flexible seating! His teacher is awesome and keeps us updated nearly every day with the DOJO app. We get to see pictures/videos throughout the week of things they are up to. I know they had Chapel this week but haven't had their other extra curricular classes yet. 
Lindsay has had a great first week in kindergarten. They have begun talking about the letters I and U I believe. They are also doing simple things like counting. I feel like she is going to do great academically. She is older and also had the experience of being in prep 4 there last year. She is ahead leaps and bounds from where Colby was. Everything was pretty much new to him that year. She is quiet but I think has already opened up with her teacher and seems to love going. Its been hit or miss this week with recess between a soggy playground, rain, and the heat! I think they have gone out 1 or 2 times and played and the others had inside recess or drawn with sidewalk chalk outside of the classroom. 
I am enjoying getting back into the groove as well. The 5:45 wake ups are hard but I am adjusting. 
Austin was off Monday and Tuesday so it was nice to get some much needed adult time! Monday he went with me to the grocery store. Its always fun to shop as a couple. After the grocery he came home to do yard work. I got some stuff done inside while he worked then we ate lunch together. It was nice and peaceful to have a few hours of quiet. We both went that afternoon to pick them up! We were both so anxious to hear about their first day! That afternoon we cooked grilled chicken sandwiches. After dinner we took a walk and just enjoyed time with the kids. 
Tuesday he was home again and I didn't have Bible study or anything so once again I brought the kids to school then came home to pick him up. He and I then went to breakfast at Parrot Pete's. This is one of our favorite things to do! We love getting breakfast dates! It was nice to catch up and be able to talk and visit. We then left and ran a couple errands. We had Lindsay's money from her piggy bank so we got that counted and deposited into her account. We again just had a relaxing afternoon. He did get out and trim some bushes so I brought my book outside and sat in the shade and read while he worked out there. Again I just love the couple time. Simple but so sweet! That afternoon he went to get the kids and took Colby for a haircut. It was a busy evening for us though b/c once he got home with them: Colby had homework, I had a bunch of paperwork to fill out for their school, then we had orientation that evening. My parents came to watch the kids. They allow kids to come and someone watches them upstairs but after a full day of school I really don't want my kids up there for another hour plus. Plus my parents always enjoy an evening with them. The orientation went well. It was slightly longer this year. We all met together in the worship center first. Pastor Michael talked for a bit, then Mrs. Price. Afterwards we were instructed to go to the kid's classrooms. Austin took Lindsay's and I went to Colby's class. I was glad they did that even though it meant a longer night. I think parents want to be able to see their child's classroom and all that. After it was over Austin and I had our usual dinner out. Since orientation ran long we just went to Chick-Fil-A. Knowing the kids would still be awake when we got home. Once again though we enjoyed our time together. We got in and quickly got the kids off to bed. 
Wednesday Austin was back to work. It was my first official day alone in quite awhile. I dropped the kids off at school and my first thing to do was stop by and see our friends Brittany and Chris. They are the ones who bought our old house. She just had a baby a couple weeks ago. I was so happy to see the old house and see the new baby. I ended up staying over an hour and visiting. It was super fun to catch up. I also got some newborn baby snuggles which was also great. By the time I got home it was after 10:30. I did some cleaning around the house and enjoyed some downtime. My parents also brought the kids home from school so I had a long afternoon. It was wonderful!! They got in that evening and I made jambalaya for dinner. Austin also got in in time to eat with us which was nice then we took a walk. 
Thursday was a busy day for me. Lindsay had a doctor's appointment that day. Due to a couple weeks ago my mom spotting what she thought was a hernia our pediatrician ended up referring us to a pediatric surgeon. So her appointment was at 9:30. Austin went to work late so that he could go with us to the appointment. So first we dropped Colby off at school then we met up with Austin at PJ's for a little breakfast and coffee. The appointment went really well and we were out by a little after 10. I got her back to school by 10:30. After that I just came home and enjoyed my day at home. I picked the kids up from school and we had cheesy chicken over rice for dinner. 
Friday I had nothing going on so I pretty much just came home after dropping the kids off. I ended up taking Allie for a walk. I hope to get in this practice of walks in the mornings atleast 1-2 days a week. Its hard b/c I don't often come straight home but I was thankful for that time even though it was HOT as blazes! I had a pretty quiet day around the house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment