Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Quiet Weekend

So now with school I am always thankful and happy for a low key and quiet weekend. 
Friday afternoon started our weekend busy but the rest of our weekend was quiet with no plans just as I prefer! 
Friday Colby was invited to go home with Ella after school. I decided since he had had a big day. First his teacher brought their class donuts. Then he got a "Friend day" I thought it would be nice to do something special with Lindsay. I picked her up and treated her to the donut shop. She loved her donut and lapped it up! From there I asked her if she would like to visit the Book Store...ofcourse she said yes! Its rare we do stuff after school like that. It was fun though..I think I may start bringing them places on Fridays more often! Once she and I got home Austin was on his way so he picked Colby up from his friend's house. They picked up chicken and we all ate. It was a much later evening then we normally have. We ate at 7 and then didn't sit down to watch our movie until 8. The kids were troopers though and atleast we knew we didn't have to wake up early the next day. We chose James and the Giant Peach since we had read that this summer. 
Saturday it was so nice to sleep in! Saturday bliss again! We had no plans so we decided to go swimming at my parent's house. Now with school in full swing there won't be much of that and I know our days are limited so I figured we better take advantage while we can. We enjoyed our pool time even though we were kinda dodging rains and storms. We still got in about a 2 hour swim then we had lunch with my parents. Again nice to hang out with them. Now with school starting they don't see the kids nearly as much so I know that time means a lot to them. After we got home we mostly relaxed. That evening we had grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Also austin got in early so that was nice. 
Sunday we had church. Austin had to work which was unfortunate but it also gave the kids and I a really relaxing day. I have so enjoyed being able to go into church. I mean I miss serving and hope to get back to that sometime later this year but for now I am enjoying going into church and working on my own relationship with the Lord. After church we picked up chicken and pretty much came home to relax. Austin got in fairly early and we just had leftovers for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment