Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Swim Time and B-day Party

Its hard to believe another weekend has already come and gone. Friday was super low key for us. Austin and I were both extremely tired. We also did movie night. It was also the first time in awhile we didn't get outside and play...but after Lindsay's wasp sting on Thursday evening and it was just blazing hot outside we decided to start on movie night early. The kids watched Planes so that was fun. 
Saturday I was once again so happy to sleep in. We repeated last Saturday basically. We went over to my parent's house to swim and have lunch. Its a great Saturday activity. It gets us out the house, we get to see my parents and they get to see us =), the kids get in some outside/physical activity so its just a win/win! We didn't get home though until 3! We rested for a bit. Austin got home fairly early and brought home Olive Branch. It stormed most of that evening so we didn't get to go take a walk or anything. 
Sunday was a super busy day for us! We got up and went to first service as a family. The worship service was wonderful. They focused on the Romanian Mission Trip from this summer. They also highlighted some ways the church can get involved in our community. I am excited about ways we can get involved as a family. The kids and I came home after first service. Austin had to stay and count. We ate an early lunch then rested. Lindsay had an afternoon b-day party to attend. She and I left the house around 2:15. The boys stayed behind and did guy things. I hated getting out the house on a Sunday afternoon but we had a really great time. The party was for her friend Genevieve. Those two have been great friends since they were babies in the nursery at church. Now they are 5 and 6! Its so sweet to see them continue to grow up together. The party was at a Gymnastics place. I have always tossed around the idea of putting Lindsay in Gymnastics. She's super strong and very flexible. I have basically been asking her since she was 3 if she would like to and she's always said no. I don't think she ever really understood what it meant though. She loved the party but even with me asking her if she wanted to do gymnastics she said no. She did say she would like a party there sometime though. we will see what the future brings though. I wouldn't mind her maybe trying a camp or atleast doing it for a semester. Maybe as she gets older? Well we got home from the party about 6 and it was dinner time. The guys ordered pizza so we ate that for dinner. There was a Saints game that night so we did let them stay up for the first half. It put them getting to bed about 8:30 then of course they stay awake longer but I want them to grow up being Saints fans so I figure once a week isn't that big of a deal! they had fun! 
It was a great weekend and it was the perfect combo of relaxing but also we had some fun stuff to do. Looking forward to another week of school and some fall activities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment