Sunday, August 20, 2017

That School Life

Well things are pretty much back in gear around here for us! School has now been in a week and a half and our fall activities are also starting to pick up. Monday Austin was off. It was once again great to have him home. He stayed home that morning while I did the grocery shopping. By lunchtime he was finished with yard work so the 2 of us got to go have Chinese for lunch. It was nice getting that time with him. I so look forward to our little weekly dates now! That afternoon we mostly just hung out then rode together to go get the kids. Its so fun to hear about their day on the car ride home. They both had a little homework that evening but it didn't take long at all to finish up. We had a yummy dinner of pork chops, roasted potatoes, Hoppin' John, and some veggies and cornbread. We even made it out the house for a walk after. 
Tuesday Austin was off again. I started back to my Ladies Bible study though so he had a morning at home. I know he sometimes enjoys time by himself at home since its pretty rare. Once I got back he and I had lunch and waited on the AC guys. The rest of the afternoon was CRAZY busy. We had AC people here. I had to pick up the kids from school. We also had to drop my friend's son off at home so we were 4 getting in. We then started on homework. I felt completely crazy with everything! Colby had over an hour of homework. I hope/pray this isn't normal and I don't think it will be. Its just his math was kind of tedious, then had to make science flash cards, then he had a language page. In the midst of the crazy though Austin made steak fajitas so that was a treat! We didn't take a walk that night since it had been raining off/on. We ended up just spending a little time outside so the kids could get some fresh air before heading off to bed. 
Wednesday was a busy day! First off I had plans to meet Tayna for coffee. It was nice to visit sans kids and talk about the first few days of school and our summers and such! I am so happy that we have remained friends despite the girls being at different schools now. After coffee I went up to Aurora for a bit. I have been telling the teachers I would come up and help and this was a good opportunity for me to do that since I was in the neighborhood. I helped Mrs. Susan set up her room for a bit then we mostly just discussed the music schedule for this upcoming year. I then came home and enjoyed a few hours alone. My parents got the kids from school. That evening we of course had church. It was the big Fall kickoff night...this meant free Chickfila and bounce things for the kids. It was a fun evening. My kids had an absolute blast. It was nice b/c some of their closest friends were there! Colby's best friend Nijel came. The boys were so happy to see each other. He also had a lot of his other school friends there as well. Lindsay had her bestie Genevieve. I was happy to see them playing with their sweet little friends. So after dinner we went to the Worship Center for the Bounce time. They had to re-locate it inside last minute b/c of the threat of rain plus it was like 100 degrees. I was thankful they did! After that we went up to the Small Group time. I was with the k-2nd girls. Kristen did most of the teaching but it was a sweet group of girls. They also played an escape room game. 
Thursday was another fun day for me. I had plans to meet Virginia at Panera for breakfast and coffee. It was really great to visit with her. I got home around 10:30 so it was nice to have that time to get stuff done around here. Austin went to Hattiesburg that afternoon so it was just the kids and I after school. We did homework then picked up Chickfila. I was quite tired by that evening but ended up having a restless night due to our alarm or something chirping obnoxiously during the first part of the night. 
Friday I woke up a little tired but not super bad. I had a dentist appointment that morning. I wasn't super pumped about having to go. First off it was at 9:30 which meant I basically had an hour to kill after dropping the kids off. I ended up just sitting in PJs and reading my book though. I left at 9 to go over there and luckily they took me early. It was also a quick checkup! No problems which was great! After I needed to go to Target. I spent the afternoon resting though. By lunchtime my tiredness really kicked in. I got the kids home and we were anxious to spend the weekend together! 




No comments:

Post a Comment