Saturday, May 26, 2018

Feeling Like Sweet Summertime

So this weekend was lovely and with having one kid out of school already I definitely felt in "Summer mode". Plus grades have been turned in since the 10th so we have definitely had a more relaxed schedule too. 
Saturday Austin was itching to get out of town. We decided on just driving to the Coast for lunch. We ate at this place called "The Blind Tiger" I thought it was yummy and a neat place to go. I'm not sure the kids or Austin were super impressed though. The scenery was nice though. They had a lot going on in that little part of town though b/c there was a Pirate Festival. I think Austin wanted to walk around, but it was so hot and Lindsay was already whining I really didn't feel like it. We ended up driving around a bit before heading back home. It was a nice outing though. That afternoon we just stayed around the house and let the kids play. 
Sunday was church day. We opted to go to first service even though Austin had to count. I got the idea later in the week that if I took the kids after first service we could go swim while he counted then we would have a longer afternoon. It was a good service. I was so glad we were there b/c Wendy's son Philip was recognized as a senior graduate. It was also nice to see them and visit in church. After church I brought the kids to my parents house to swim. We picked up Canes for lunch. It was nice to spend a little quiet time doing that with them. We had a good time in the pool. By the time my parents got there we were getting out and drying off. We spent a few minutes visiting before heading home. We came home and picked up Austin and went to go get ice-cream and snowballs. It had been awhile since we had done that! Again it was a sweet weekend that just made me ready for summertime! That afternoon we just spent time relaxing and hanging out outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment