Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Last Week of School

Well even though Lindsay has been out a few days...this past week was the final week for Colby. Monday started out busy! I told the teachers I would come that day to help out. Well I spent a little bit hanging out and visiting with Wendy before heading up to 1st grade. I had offered to help her out some with her class and getting it packed up for the summer. Well while I was up there everyone was talking to me like I was for sure the new first grade teacher! I was honestly so confused. Anyway there was even talk about switching classrooms. Which if I do become the teacher and get to switch I am excited b/c its the biggest classroom in that hallway. We stayed until about 11 before going to meet Virginia for lunch. That day though ended up a little emotional though b/c by the afternoon I received an email from the principal about how we needed to keep everything on the DL about me being the first grade teacher and how we didn't need to create confusion. I felt a little betrayed. I mean I told a few friends that I applied for the position, but somehow it exploded into everyone assuming I had the job. Anyway my feelings got a little hurt, but by Wednesday I was over it. 
After that though I vowed I wasn't going to spend much time up there the rest of the week. With all my helping in kindergarten I had been up there just about every day the last 2 months. 
Tuesday I was upset...it was Field Day...I was torn b/c I honestly hated to miss. I have always participated in the past, but with all this going on at the school I felt like I just needed to fly under the radar. Also Lindsay had been up there so much that I knew I really just needed to enjoy time with my baby girl. Anyway..we dropped Colby off in carpool and I honestly think everyone was a bit surprised! She and I then went to the grocery. After that we came home for a bit before heading out to pick up Subway sandwiches and take them to the park to eat. It was a sweet memory. Nothing big and fancy, but its what she wanted to do! We stayed about an hour...after we ate she played. It was nice just to soak up time with her in the outdoors. Life has just been so busy lately. We got home and rested then I got a text from Virginia wanting my help in the sanctuary so we headed up to the church. I wanted to try and avoid school people as much as possible. I did have to walk through the office...then on my way to the cafe I was caught by Colby's teacher. She basically told me I could take him with me. We then went to the middle school class to talk to Wendy and another teacher Mrs. Dufrene. We worked in the sanctuary about an hour. I was happy to help Virginia b/c it would have been a lot of work to do by herself. Once we got in though it was nice to be in and no where to go. 
Wednesday once again I decided to skip out on being up at the school. It honestly felt weird though dropping Colby off in carpool. It was a 1/2 day though. Lindsay and I wanted to soak up the last few hours of girl time. I brought her to breakfast at Chickfila then we went to Target and the library. It was nice having one on one time with her. I mean I love having both kids home and I love time with just Colby, but there's something about girl time that's just oh so sweet! Once we got Colby home it was nice to relax for a few hours before church that night. It was also nice to go to church and not be exhausted! We had a VBS meeting so I was in that the whole time. My kids were happy to close it down since we left early a couple weeks. 
Thursday was Awards Day. It is always a nice closing to the year. Colby got Beta Honor roll again for 4th Quarter. I was so proud of him b/c he only missed the year honor roll by one quarter and 1 C in Math. He's come such a long way! We were also happy for his friend Zachary who got the Fruit of the Spirit Award. After Awards we took pictures and said our goodbyes then went to my parents house. Since austin was working it was nice to hang out with them. We went to lunch then went back to their house to swim. I was happy to do something special with them to close out the school year! Its hard to believe summer is officially here. Its always so bittersweet though leaving the school. Even though we are up there a lot and see a lot of the same people it still feels like a chapter is closing. Its hard to believe that now I have a 1st and 5th grader. That afternoon we got home and relaxed again. That night we had scouts. It was nice getting out though so the kids could see friends. Colby was excited to see Nijel and Zachary and Lindsay played with Makylee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment