Thursday, May 3, 2018

Testing Week

So this past week was Testing at Calvary. This was a week I knew I would be very busy. I had signed up to be a "hall monitor" each day. This is the first year I had ever done that. I figured though with both my kids testing that I would do it though. Anyway it made for a very busy week. 
Monday I was assigned the middle school hallway. it was such a LONG morning. I thought I was going to die! I was in the hallway from 8:30-12:30! I was so hungry when we were finished. I ran downstairs and scarfed down my lunch with prek then spent my afternoon with kindergarten. It was actually a fun afternoon though. It was mostly spent gabbing with Lindsay's teacher. I got there while they were still outside so we got to visit there some then the kids went to library so we just chatted, then they napped. It really was just fun girl time! That afternoon we came home after school and really just enjoyed the no homework thing. 
Tuesday I was assigned the kindergarten hall. I was most thankful for this! They finished testing in about an hour. I spent the rest of the morning helping out their class. I left at lunch. I was happy to have a little time at home. That afternoon was short though b/c I hung out in the kindergarten classroom while Colby was in art class. Its never bad though. Lindsay and I stay and help her straighten up her room and such. 
Wednesday was another busy day! I was assigned to the elementary hall. I preferred kindergarten, but this was definitely second best. For one they finish up testing a lot quicker then middle school! Its also the age of kids I taught when I was a teacher so I felt right in my element. Honestly it was this day that I really left thinking I really miss teaching! I just really love being around the kids. I spent the rest of the day in kindergarten. It went well...I had lunch with Lindsay and her friends. I enjoyed visiting with Wendy on the playground and such. The kids got wild at recess though. We brought them in and they had snack and did a few things then we turned on Charlotte's Web for them to watch. It was a nice break. Again she and I mostly just chatted. I swear hanging out with her is like hanging out with a high school or college girlfriend. So that afternoon Mrs. Kauhn offered to let Colby come with her to her creative arts class she has on Wednesdays. I was so happy she did this. I knew staying in the kindergarten room all afternoon would not be his cup of tea. I was also happy he went with her. Anyway from what I understand he did well and had fun. I again enjoyed just visiting with Lindsay's teacher. Lindsay colored while we mostly chatted. The kids and I did stay for dinner, but came home afterwards. I had told them with testing that we would not be able to stay the whole time. I was happy to get them off to bed early that night. 
Thursday was another day another hall monitor job. Thankfully I got put with kindergarten again. These days were the most fun. I hung out with them until lunch then went grocery shopping. I was back up there that afternoon though while Lindsay had art class. 
Friday was quite the fun day! Well I started the morning in middle school...not really my cup of tea, but the testing didn't last as long as the other day. I was able to finish up and get to kindergarten and eat lunch with them. We spent the afternoon outside basically. The kids did have PE which was nice to have that break. We then brought them back outside after snack to play with chalk and bubbles! It was a good ending to a very busy week. 
Even though it was a lot and tiring...I had so much fun! I truly miss the classroom scene and working there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment