Thursday, May 17, 2018

Teacher Appreciation Week

So this past week was extremely busy for us. I mean Teacher Appreciation Week almost always is, but this year I was also at the school just about every day so it was EXTRA busy! 
Monday - So this year I did things a little different. The school had sent out a list of ideas for teacher appreciation and kindergarten also had a sign up. I decided to go my own way this year though b/c I am pretty close to both teachers. Anyway so Monday my treat was bringing the teachers coffee. I think they both liked and enjoyed this. I would honestly rather do this then give them like a mug or something. So that day was really busy b/c I was helping kindergarten, but also helping Colby's teacher prep for the upcoming Wax Museum. I so enjoyed spending the entire day with kindergarten though. I also gave Lindsay's teacher the morning off and did lunch duty for her. I think she was super appreciative of this. Again I would rather do this for teacher appreciation. Afterwards we went out to recess and it was nice to get to visit with her some. I was also trying to get her big gift taken care of that day as well. I ended up also walking them to/from Library. I got the kids to sign the frame during that time which was great. It was a really fun day. That evening we just relaxed and hung out. It was nice not having anywhere to go/be after school.
Tuesday - This was a super busy day! So for Colby's teacher I just sent a pack of Reese's. Lindsay's teacher was getting a big surprise that day. The day went well and we were super busy. The kids made Mrs. Schifflin cards during their art time. So after art I picked them up and we gave her the framed picture and cards and then had cookie cake. It was a fun day and she was totally surprised. I think it made the kids feel good to take part in giving her something. That afternoon we had The Wax Museum for Colby's class. This meant we had to run home change clothes and head back up to the school. The night was really neat though. I was thankful for all the hard work that went into making it happen. Colby and his classmates did a wonderful job. I also enjoyed getting to visit more with the teacher friends and parents.
Wednesday- This was a very long day for me! I stayed at the school all day. This was the day we gave the teacher's their big gifts. We gave Colby's teacher a Starbucks gift card, key chain, and a bath bomb. Lindsay's teacher we gave a t-shirt and a bath bomb. It was a nice day. I mean I really love hanging out with the kindergarten. Its tiring, but fun. That night we also had church. Well now all the kindergarten girls like to eat dinner with me. Its fine and cute, but also exhausting. We also dealt with not being able to get outside much due to ozone warnings so by the time we got upstairs I was over it! Finally around 6:30 I made the decision to go home. Colby was so upset with me, but I just couldn't handle it any longer. It was nice to just get in early. 
Thursday - Another long and busy day! I really had every intention of coming home after I taught music, but I got a random text that morning from a kindergarten parent asking what time the gathering was. Well I knew nothing of it and obviously Wendy didn't either. We both panicked b/c we knew her room was a mess. I volunteered to go up after music and help her straighten up. Anyway so music went well. It was a little bittersweet being the last week and knowing it might be my last ever class since I am considering working at Calvary. I got up to Calvary and it was busy and then we stayed while Lindsay had art. I was in a tiny bit of a bad mood just with the parent drama, but overall it was a good day. I was just happy to be home that night though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment