Friday, May 18, 2018

Long Weekend & Mother's Day

This past weekend we were blessed with a 3 day weekend. It was so nice for the month of MAY! Its been so crazy lately that it was great having that extra day. We were able to sleep in and hang out around the house. We went to the grocery store and just spent the day getting the house in order. I would have loved to take them somewhere fun, but with everything going on I knew I needed to stay in. We had a really enjoyable day though. 
Saturday was busy though to make up for it. Their little friend Ella was dropped off at 8:45 and spent the day with us. I enjoyed having a friend though. She gets along so well with both my kids. She got here in time to have breakfast then they played for about an hour while I cleaned and got dressed. At 10 we left to go swim at my parents house. They had a blast over there! It was nice to get out and let them swim and enjoy the nice day. We left their house around 2 and came home. The kids played for about an hour then she left around 4. We had a quiet evening which was nice. 
Sunday was Mother's Day. It was nice going to church and being showered all weekend with sweet little homemade gifts from my kiddos. At church they had the kids come in and bring roses to the ladies which was so adorable. They also made the moms a craft. After church we ran a quick errand then came home to get ready to go to Randall and Elizabeth's house for lunch. It was nice to get to hang out and also not have to cook lunch. We had a nice time visiting with everyone. We got home around 3. By then I think we were all exhausted though. It was time to get ready for the upcoming busy week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment