Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Kindergarten Graduation

So last Wednesday was the big day for Lindsay. It feels like in a way time just flew and we got here way too fast! In other ways though it feels like we were preparing for it for so long! anyway we got to school early. This year was so different for Lindsay and I. I was half teacher/half mom. Luckily Wendy's daughter Emily was there to hang out with her. They watched the Greatest Showman while we got everything ready for the big day. We did the final touches in the sanctuary. We were ready with time to spare. The kids got dropped off at 10 in the classroom. From there I helped get them dressed. Her teacher had told me I didn't have to, but that's the way I wanted. They were all my babies and honestly that's the way I wanted to spend the day. Once they started lining up though I went to find my place to sit and be with family and finally be just mom! The ceremony was wonderful! It was the cutest and the kids did an absolute amazing job! It was so bittersweet for so many reasons. I mean knowing that my last baby is no longer a baby, but a big first grader! Also knowing this amazing year had come to an end! I teared up when they first came down the aisle. The other points where I got a little teary was when they showed the slide show from the year and also when they held hands and sang "How Great is Our God". This year with Lindsay's graduation it was so different then Colby. I mean with having 2 kids in school we really had no major plans once it was all said and done. We stuck around and helped clean up then went to lunch with Wendy and her daughter Emily. It was so much fun. We really had a great time. We had Chickfila. I felt a little bad that we didn't make as big a deal out of her graduation, but honestly going to lunch with her teacher and her 13 year old daughter was a bigger deal to her anyway. She loved every second of it. We ended up getting stuck in crazy traffic for almost an hour. Thankfully we were in good company and just all enjoyed visiting. By the time we got back to the school though it was carpool time. Thankfully my parents had picked Colby up from school. We made it in time to go get our stuff out of the kindergarten room and head to my parents house. We didn't even have time at that point to go home and change. I was so tired by that point! I sat down at my parents house though and it felt good to chill and cool off. well we got to church and had dinner. It was nice to visit with some people, but I was so over it! I made the decision and talked to the kids that we would stay for a bit, but would leave early. I hated to do that again and if I weren't dressed up I would have just dealt with it, but I was hot and tired. Anyway I stayed through the outside portion then we came home. I think the kids had a good time, but also weren't too sad about leaving. It had been such a busy week and we were all tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment