Saturday, May 12, 2018

Friends, Fun, and Fests

So last weekend was SO much FUN! Probably the most fun I have had in a long time. I mean I love my family and doing the mom thing, but its been a super long time since I just had fun with a girl friend. So Friday night I had made plans with Lindsay's teacher Wendy to have a girl's night movie night. So after school I dropped Lindsay off with my parents. Austin and Colby were headed to Hattiesburg to spend time with his mom. Well I got home and straightened up around the house and before I knew it she arrived! I had ordered pizza so we ate and just talked for like 2 hours! It was so nice! She and I have so much in common. She had also picked up daiquiris which was super fun too! Anyway we had a great time! We started the movie at around 8 and it ended a little before 10. We then spent about 30-40 more min just talking. She left around 10:30. It was just the most fun! It was exactly what I needed. I feel like since having kids I don't really do a whole lot for myself... and it really hasn't been until the last year or so that I am re-discovering myself now that they are in full time school. Well needless to say after the LARGE daiquiri and being at school all week I slept great!! 
Saturday it was awesome waking up to a quiet house. I tried to just soak it in and enjoy the time alone. I made myself breakfast and straightened up a bit before heading to go get Lindsay. I even stopped for a cup of coffee for myself. I got to my parents house and we spent the morning baking a cookie cake for Austin. We also stayed and had lunch. It was nice hanging out with them. Now with all our busy schedules and the kids being older we don't do that as often as we used to. After lunch and we finished the cake we came on back home. It was nice to have some time to chill out before the boys got in. Once they got home we basically spent the day resting and doing stuff around the house. It was nice to be back as a family of 4. 
Well Sunday rolled around and we had planned to only go to 1st service. We had also made plans the day before with Wendy and her husband Phil to go to Jazz Fest. After all these years I finally got out there to Jazz Fest. Anyway so after church we secured our plans. We brought the kids home and all ate a light lunch then Austin and I started prepping to go to the festival. We left our house around 12:30 to drop the kids off with my parents. We had a few minutes to visit with them before our friends got there. Once they arrived we were off to Jazz Fest. It really was fun just having another couple to hang out with. I think Austin and her husband got along well and that was really the first time we interacted with him. It was fun just feeling like kids again! We got there to Jazz Fest and finally found parking then walked in. It was a little overwhelming at first since I had never been. We quickly found a place to set up our chairs. We sat for a few minutes, but it was hot and we quickly decided we would walk around. We walked most of the fair grounds and got ourselves some daiquiris. We then found the hospitality tents. They had tickets to one tent and we had tickets to another. We split up for about an hour. It was nice to get out the sun for a bit. After cooling off for a few minutes though Austin and I decided to just walk around and explore. We did that for awhile then got hot and headed back to our chairs thinking Wendy and Phil would be there too. Well they weren't there so we rested a bit then decided to go look for my friends who were working at a Kiwanis tent. We found them and visited for awhile. During that time Wendy texted me and told me they were in the Gospel tent. So we headed there. We sat in there for about an hour. At that point it was nice to cool off and sit with them. Around 5 we got ready to go back to our seats for Jimmy Buffett. This was of course the best part of the day. I think we all felt like we were in college again. I just had the best time talking with Wendy. After Buffett we headed home, but it was about a 30 min ride so we still got to visit plenty. It was such a great day! I cannot wait to do something like that again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment