Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Week















Well this is my 29th Birthday week....I can't believe I am 1 year away from the big 3-0! Wow that seems so old. The last 10 years have flown by! Anyway I have had a great week so far. Austin has been off the last 3 days which has been wonderful. Monday was a pretty low key day for us. We started the morning with a trip to the park. The weather here has been so nice! I love spring time. We have had highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s the last few weeks. I am trying to soak it up as much as possible b/c I know all too soon how hot it will be! So we stayed at the park for about an hour! Colby had a blast! He loves when we both can take him to the park. Afterwards we went to Petsmart to stock up on some pet items. He loves this store. He loves seeing and talking to all the animals. Its almost like a field trip for him! The rest of our day was pretty low key. We stayed at home and just enjoyed the time together. We grilled steaks out and I made mashed potatoes and green beans. I love when we can all sit down to a family dinner like that!





Tuesday was a busy day! Colby had school so after we dropped him off Austin and I went to breakfast. This has sort of become our "new thing". The days Austin is off and Colby goes to school we go on a breakfast date. We have tried many different places all over town. Its been fun doing something a little different like that! Afterwards we came back home so Austin could help our friend Josh with some furniture. We actually gave our guest room furniture to them. We have been wanting to get rid of it for awhile. For one thing it was big and bulky for that room. The furniture came with the house which was great when we first moved in b/c we had no guest room furniture but now as we are thinking of having baby number 2 sometime in the future we knew it would have to go anyways. We are also in the process of turning Colby's nursery into a big boy room. We have bunk beds ordered and we already took his crib and changing table out. Therefore, we needed a place to put these things. We did put the crib in storage but we figured the changing table we could just leave in the room for storage right now. After picking Colby up from school we spent some time relaxing around the house before our dinner plans. Austin made reservations for us to eat out at Des Familes. This is our "traditional birthday" place. I have been eating there for my b-day for many years. Austin and I continued the tradition even after having Colby. Although this was the first year we would go as a family. We went 2 years ago just us b/c Colby was a baby and we didn't know how enjoyable our dinner would be. Last year we just went to get Mexican though b/c Austin worked on my b-day and we just didn't have as much time. So this year being as Colby is 2 1/2 and we figured he would do ok plus it would be nice to celebrate as a family so we all went. Considering his age I think he did pretty well. This was his first semi nice restaurant to eat at. It was fun getting kinda dressed up and heading out though. Colby especially enjoyed running around on their patio/deck that overlooks the swamp. He had a blast spotting alligators and fish too! After dinner we came home for some b-day cake!






Wednesday was my actual b-day. Originally we thought Austin would be working that day so we had nothing "special" planned. I had to go grocery shopping anyway so we went to Walmart the 3 of us. After arriving and spending a short amount of time there we realized why we don't shop there! It was way more stressful! It might be a little cheaper but not worth the stress! We did get what we needed for the week though. But I was so happy to get out of there! The rest of the day we spent relaxing before church. Once again church was already on our calendar so nothing changed since it was my b-day. We have been enjoying going on Wednesday nights. We hadn't really been since Colby was a baby. He loves it though! We always enjoy the family dinner time and then the prayer service. This week I got to go into church with Austin. My mom stayed and worked with the little ones in the nursery. I had planned a water activity for them. My mom said Colby ofcourse had a blast with that! They also got to go outside which she said he loved too!






I had a great week and it was so nice to have Austin home for 3 days straight! We always have fun when he's home and it creates special memories the 3 of us spending time together! The rest of the week Thursday and Friday were just me and Colby getting back into our routine. Thursday he had school and I had Bible Study. I am really enjoying getting to grow closer to God and some wonderful ladies from our church. Today we stayed home all day. We had an electrician coming so we had to stay in but it was honestly pretty nice. Colby and I rarely stay in all day so it was kinda nice to have that break. We played in the front and back yards and even did the water activity they did Wednesday night in the yard so I think he had fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment