Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Weekend







So our weekend is already half way over! We have had a fun one though. Yesterday (Friday) was a busy day. Colby had a haircut first thing. My parent's decided to tag along with us so that we could go to lunch and spend some time with them though after. Colby immediately knew I think where we were headed as we made our way there. When we pulled up at the place he started saying "no no" so I was nervous how he would do. All in all he did way better then the last 3 times. He cried a little but for the most part remained composed. I think he's finally getting old enough to reason with. He also understands that mommy and daddy aren't doing this to hurt him or aren't going to leave him. He still doesn't enjoy it but he sucks it up and deals with it!



Since he was so good and we finished up early we took him to the park. My parents love watching him play. He had a good time running off some energy. He went down the big slide over a dozen times...each time saying "last time". He's such a ham now that he can talk! After letting him play for awhile we all went to lunch. It was a great morning full of memories. I know days like this are special for him and my parents especially. He loves spending time with them! He wanted to stay with them all afternoon in fact he heard them say they would be running errands after they brought us home so Colby kept saying "run errands grammy granddaddy".



We had a not so fun afternoon/evening though. Austin has had to work a lot this week so its meant him not getting home until almost 9 every night. So we are both tired/grumpy and let emotions fly. Last night we had an argument on his way home. We finally got over that and savored most of the night. But he got a call around 1 am that woke us both up. I am a HUGE grump when awoken like that. Probably why its such a good thing Colby was a great baby not sure I have the patience to deal with no sleep! So we got in another fight. I know at this point we were just exausted. Well a lot of times when I wake up like that suddenly I can't go back to sleep. So there I was laying awake until about 4:30 this morning.



Today has turned out to be an awesome day though! Colby and I started our day leisurely. We both slept until almost 8 thank goodness after the sleepless night I had. We then had our eggs and cheese for breakfast. We got ready and went to the park. I am trying to make the most of our lovely spring weather. We met a friend there too. Colby had a blast we stayed for an hour and a half. There was a church there so there were inflatables to play on. Colby really enjoyed this! I was surpised how brave he was to get in there with other kids and me not get in with him. He had such a good time though! I was glad he got to play hard!



Yesterday was wonderful too because Austin got home around 4. This hasn't happened all week! We were able to spend sometime in the backyard with Colby. I love spring! I also love the days are longer. We grilled and ate hamburgers outside. This was the first time we had eatin outside since early fall I think. Its great now Colby is big enough to eat at the table with us so no dragging a highchair out there for him. He ate really well too...he ate half a burger and a few fries. I then thought I would let him have some more fun since it was a "special" night and gave him a popsicle...now they are the all fruit kind but still it was a treat to him. He rarely gets things like that in fact most nights his dessert is fruit or pudding or yogurt. He was more then excited to have icecream as he called it! He gobbled it up but made quite a mess. This is one reason he doesn't get popsicles often and they will have to be eaten strictly outside! We had to take off his clothes and throw him in the tub. Usually he doesn't bathe until after 7 but we just let him play in his pjs for awhile after.



Today was Sunday and we just went to Sunday School. Colby and I came home afterwards b/c we have a church meeting tonight so I wanted for us to have plenty of time for naps and things to get done around the house. Sunday School went well...Colby was in his class along with Emily who is now 4 and a visitor named Brian who was 3. He did ok but he's starting to be a handful in there I think b/c he knows my mom and I are sitting outside. He also always wants to drink his juice in there so I am not sure whether to take that away or just let him have it to not make a huge fight. I guess I might just let him have it when he wants b/c I am not sure its worth the fight every Sunday. I just don't want the other kids to think he is treated special since his mommy works back there. He is starting to get really comfortable at church I think he thinks he's king of that nursery! I got to interact though with Zoe who was really good today in the toddler class and also baby Jonathan. Tonight we have that meeting which I am a little nervous that I have to be the one to conduct it but it will be more a discussion then a led meeting with me talking the whole time. I am praying it goes well though and we can make some good decisions for the church and nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment