Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our week so far...

This week has been back to routine for us. I find it hard though to get motivated after last week. Last week was Mardi Gras week for Colby so we didn't have to leave the house early any day. Not that we didn't get out and do stuff we just weren't waking up as early. So now this week not only that the time changed. It has been so hard for me to get up in the morning and I also want to take a 2 hour nap every day! Not good for a house mommy who has lots of stuff to get done!

Monday Austin was still off. Colby spent Sunday night with my parents so we woke up that morning to go get Colby. I skipped Bootcamp and I felt a little guilty for doing so but between not getting to bed until after 1 that night and the losing the hour the night before and the fact that I hadn't seen Colby in almost 24 hours and the fact that Austin was off that last day I just couldn't make myself go! I hate that I missed though since now I have been out of excercise for 2 weeks. I know next week is going to be rough!

We picked Colby up and just came home and let him play in the backyard. Normally we would have taken him somewhere but we were gone all weekend so it felt good to come home. I think Colby enjoyed being home with his toys also. We worked in the flower beds making them spring like again. That afternoon we were even able to take a bike ride before dinner which was nice. We ordered po-boys out which was yummy! Colby loves ham and cheese ones and a couple fries. It was a treat for all of us!

Tuesday it was really back to reality for Colby and I. It was his first day back to school. I had to be up at 7 which normally isn't bad but felt soo early because of the time change. I did enjoy coming back home to a quiet house for a couple hours though. The morning was going great though until I left to get him. Well let me back up a minute...I sent Colby to school in undies for the first time. I talked with him about the importance of going potty. I sometimes think she is too shy to ask his teachers or if they ask him he tells them no b/c he is too busy playing. Although he hasn't had many accidents there b/c I send him in pullups but they are usually dry when he comes home. I even talked to the teachers and told them to make him go. He hasn't had an accident in months and wears undies everywhere else now even when we travel in the car. So onto picking him up: I left the house a few minutes early and thought I was doing really well when I remembered I forgot his juice. Well Colby always flips out when I do that...they only give them water at school so I always bring him a cup of juice to drink on the way home. So I figured ok well I have plenty of time to turn around and go get it. His school is only about 10 min from our house. So I turned around well ofcourse on the way home and the way back I hit every red light between here and there. I pulled into the school parking lot at 11:57 so I ran down the breeze way. I could hear they were already standing outside and Colby was yelling "MOMMY" quite loudly. He wasn't upset yet thankgoodness! So as he walks around the corner he is carrying a plastic bag and wearing different shorts. His teacher goes on to tell me he had an accident 30 minutes after being there...WHAT? I mean I wasn't mad at them or him but I was just thinking what happened....he wears undies all the time now and never pees on himself oh well I think we will go back to pullups for awhile!
Well the rest of the day was pretty normal we have been enjoying this wonderful weather though and getting outside and playing on Colby's playground!
Wednesday ofcourse was our grocery shopping day. I like that it falls on Wednesdays b/c even though I don't always enjoy going atleast its a morning we don't have to rush to be anywhere. We take it easy around the house then make our way there sometime before lunch. Its also a good day to have a low key morning b/c we go to church at night. Last night at church things went well. Austin didn't get off work though to meet us there which was a bummer. I had to work childcare. We decided to combine them b/c the mission friends leader is out of town plus we didn't have too many kids. Since the time change and the gorgeous weather I thought the best idea was to take them outside. They loved it. We had a 6 year old, two 4 year olds, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old. We also had a baby but he stayed in with one of the workers. Colby had a blast watching the bigger boys play he thought he could do everything they did. The RA's even came out and all 3 boys wanted to go play. Colby kept saying "go play" I was like baby you aren't quite big enough to play with those guys!
Today has been a good day. Its been busy. Colby had school then I had Bible Study. Our ladies at church have decided to do a daytime Bible study during the week. I was so excited because I have always wanted to attend a daytime study. Nights are just too hard right now. Between Austin's schedule and I hate running off at night anyway and leaving my family. Its in Kenner so its a long way from Colby's school. I enjoyed getting to be with various women of differing ages though from the church. I had to leave a little early though so that I could be back at Colby's school. He had a good day at school and now calls everyone by name and greets them when they come soo cute!
We also got to enjoy the outdoors for awhile. We are now waiting on Austin to get home so we can enjoy our Mexcian taco fiesta I prepared. I know he can't help it but its so frustrating anytime I cook big meals like this he's late. I hate that we have to eat a cold dinner. Anyway I am going to go ahead and let Colby eat and if Austin hasn't called by 7 I may eat too! I had a small lunch!
I am looking forward to the weekend although Austin isn't off but Colby and I am sure will find stuff to do keep us busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment