Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friends



The last 2 days have been wonderful days of spending with friends. Last night ofcourse being church. I enjoy going on Wednesday nights and fellowshiping with our church family. Last night I also worked in the nursery. We had 3 children: Jonathan, Zoe, and Colby. Its interesting because they are 3 different ages and all in various stages but they do really well together. Colby is the oldest at 2 1/2, Zoe is 1, and Jonathan is 4 months. Zoe and Colby play pretty well together and Jonathan was just fascinated with the "big kids". I enjoyed getting to take care of Jonathan I got to feed him some of his supper and hold him for awhile. I miss that baby stage so much! Colby loves both Zoe and Jonathan. He talks about them all the time at home. He's very tender hearted and gentle with them both. Cheryl worked with me and I really enjoyed talking with her and working with the babies. She used to be the nursery director so it was nice just talking about that the joys and hardships!

This morning I had my weekly Bible Study while Colby was at school. I have really been blessed by this study. I am the youngest there but its been nice to be able to get to know some of the older women of our church. I really don't mind being the youngest at all. While I was at Bible Study Colby was at school hanging out with his friends! I am so glad he loves school and has made some great friendships there. I get to hear about Max, Kiley, Mia, Cam, and Addie all the time!

Tonight we had our friend Laura come over with her baby Jonathan. It was so great to hang out and visit with her. Colby got quite a kick out of the baby too. He was so sweet with him. He would lay down on the blanket next to him and play. He also enjoyed entertaining him in the bouncer toy. He didn't act jealous at all when I was holding him. Once again I loved having a baby around! I miss that 4 month old baby stage. They aren't quite as fragile as newborns but they are still so sweet and will fall asleep in your arms! I told her how wonderful it was to hold a sleeping baby again! Colby loved talking to them both also! He would pat baby Jonathan and hush him...so sweet! I hope he is this sweet one day when he has a younger baby sister or brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment