Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!


Today was Mardi Gras for us New Orleanians. As usual Austin had to work so we weren't parading. I haven't actually been to a parade on Mardi Gras day in quite awhile. Its ok though I am usually a 1 or 2 parade a year kinda girl anyway. Colby and I planned a low key day. I love watching all the excitement on tv though and Colby even enjoyed that this year as well! He has developed quite a love for parades and floats!

We decided to take a drive to return some library books though and mail off some letters. Rain was in the forcast so I figured we would stay close. But after our errands it wasn't raining yet so I asked Colby if he wanted to go to the park! Ofcourse he did! We went to a park we haven't tried yet. I am not sure why b/c it was really nice. Colby loved it. We are definitely going to go back there. There were a couple other families out there as well. Usually when there are other kids he has more fun. There were 2 little girls probably 1 and 2 years old I would guess. Then another family with 2 older girls who were probably 6 and 7 and then a little boy who I would guess was 2. Colby ran around and talked to them. Its so fun to see him becoming more social! He used to be scared of other kids and prefered to play alone but now he loves the company! He didn't even want to leave today. He kept saying "one more time". I was glad we got to go so he could expel some energy. The rest of the day was lazy for us although we did get to play in the backyard too. Now we are waiting on austin to come home. I hate he has to work so much during Mardi Gras but I guess that's all part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment