Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Weekend

We have had a pretty low key weekend around here which has been kinda nice. Friday was a stay at home day for Colby and I. We had an electrician coming out so we had to stay in anyway. Its rare that we have a whole day to stay at home. I was honestly looking forward to it. Luckily it was a beautiful day so we spent probably 3 hours outside total. We played for a long time in the back yard after breakfast. I love being out there in the mornings its so cool and breezy. We came in for a while then while the electrician was working Colby and I played out front. I brought a bucket or water and some kitchen gadgets and he had a blast pouring and scooping. He also watered our grass and flowers. After naptime we went in the back again for about an hour. By the end of the day I realized though why we don't spend many days ALL day at home. They are exausting! Way more exausting then the days we go places! Colby was pretty good all day but he's a handful at times. I miss those days when we stayed home more when he was just a baby! I feel like I got so much more done around the house. But its ok I know these days will fly by all too quickly and I will look back and miss them. I am already sad thinking that my baby is growing up so fast. He already goes to school 2 days a week and next year it will be 3. So before I know it my little buddy will be off to school and not here to spend time with me! Saturday we decided to go visit my parent's. We hadn't been over there in a few weeks and every day Colby would ask me if we were going to see Grammy's house? So I knew I better take him soon! We also didn't have any big plans since Austin was working and I didn't want to stay home another whole day with him! We had fun again it was another beautiful day so we spent time in their backyard then took him for a walk down the street which he enjoyed. He came back home and took a 3 hour nap which was awesome! Today (Sunday) was quite a busy day. This is one reason we didn't do much the other days b/c I knew today would be so busy! We went to Sunday School this morning. Colby got to hang out with Broc in his class. We actually had quite a number of kids today! We had all 3 babies there which was good to see. We also had a visiting toddler. Colby and I came home after Sunday School since we were having The Gathering tonight. I wanted him to have plenty of time to rest. I also wanted time to get stuff done around the house and not feel like I was rushed all day. Colby didn't nap though but he's getting old enough to where he doesn't HAVE to nap every day as long as he is given the chance to rest some days he will nap some days he won't. He wasn't cranky though at all yesterday so that was good. I think he's getting to that transition stage meaning he will need naps some days and some days he won't. I think its important though to give him a "rest" time and his body will tell him if he needs to sleep or not. He did really good at the Gathering though. I thought for a 2 1/2 year old he paid attention and was all in all not bad. He participated even. He looks forward to the birthday cake though. Each month we celebrate that month's b-days so last night there was cake. He talked about that all day! He is getting into birthday cakes and sweets now! I am glad he doesn't expect them all the time though but he definitely now has a sweet tooth. He's had more lately just b/c of all the birthday stuff then usual. It was nice to know tonight coming home that Austin would be off the next day. Colby actually went to bed early. We put him to bed at 8 and I think he fell asleep shortly after since he didn't take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment