Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

We had a very good and busy 4th of July weekend. Saturday Colby and I took the free day to go swim at my parent's house. It felt great. Colby has turned into such a fish this summer. He's always loved the water but this year he has swam even more then the other years and is almost swimming alone. He's very brave and keeps you on your toes while you are out there though. He will take off and try to swim alone. I am glad we can go over to my parent's house and swim...its nice to visit with them Colby loves it and its a great "cool" thing for us to do this summer.
Sunday we had church. I worked in the baby room during Sunday School. We had 2 babies and were very busy... Colby was the only one in Sunday School that morning with his teacher Mrs. Betty but I think he kinda enjoyed the 1 0n 1 attention!
I sat in church with a friend since both our husbands were working. After church we ate at our usual McAlister's then came home for naps!
I was definitely looking forward to Monday when Austin would be off! Monday we had a nice relaxing morning before heading to my parent's for our 4th celebration. When we got there we ofcourse went swimming. Aunt Lizzie and Laura and Baby Jonathan joined us which Colby loved. Afterwards we ate and visited. It was nice to be around everyone. Colby did well but started getting very tired towards the end. We came home and all took long naps. Poor Colby slept until 5 pm. We decided that night after dinner to go ahead and take him out to see fireworks. He has seen some in our neighborhood but we have never taken him out to see the big ones on the levee. I figured this was our best chance...we felt he was old enough to handle it and we will have another baby in a few months and will probably have to wait 3 more years to go again with both of them. It was also good b/c he had taken a late nap so we knew he wouldn't be going to bed early anyway. The fireworks started at 9 so we didn't get home until 10 and he was probably in bed at 11. It was a late night but I think he really liked it and enjoyed it. He wasn't scared at all and he behaved really well. I am glad we got to go create that memory with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment