Wednesday, July 20, 2011

VBS Day 1

VBS began Sunday on Colby's birthday. I have been looking forward to see what he thought about it this year. He really enjoyed it last year and so I knew this year he would love it even more. He ended up being in the class with my mom and me mostly. We tried to avoid this this year b/c we knew he would probably act better if he was in a class with someone other then his family but it was unavoidable. He did well though considering. I think he does think he owns that nursery and can go anywhere he pleases. Since we usually arrive early being teachers he goes in whatever room he wants and plays with toys mostly cars.
This year there are only 3 kids in his class. Zoe, Colby, and Emily. They are a wide range of ages so planning activities is interesting but they are all doing well. Colby seems to really enjoy the open assembly time with everyone. I think he likes the music and videos. The first night it was really hard to get them all to sit still for storytime in the classroom but I think they are getting some of it. Colby also seems to really enjoy the craft time. A lady in there too has adopted him and worked with him and he seems to really love it! They made 3 crafts the first night. They bring dinner (snack) to our room since we have the little ones. The first night they had turkey and cheese sandwhiches, apples, and a cupcake. My mom also brings fresh fruit for them as well. Austin brought Colby home after the Bible story around 8 that first night. This is what he did last year as well. This year Colby does get to stay about an hour longer though since he's older. I am glad he can go home early b/c my mom and I don't usually get home until 9:45. he's already tired and if he didn't get home until that late he would be really cranky. The other 2 hang in there pretty well. Poor Zoe I know has to be exausted since she is only 18 months but she didn't fall asleep. I take Emily to Music & Rec with the 4 and 5 year olds since she is the oldest and can participate in those things. I think she likes that!
I think all in all the first night went really well and I am excited to see what the rest of the week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment