Friday, July 22, 2011

VBS Day 3-5





















The rest of the week of VBS went well. There were times the kids seemed to fall apart but all in all for their age I think they did awesome. We gained a 4th child by the 4th night. It was Broc who is 3. He's one of Colby's Sunday School friends so I think he was glad to have another boy in the mix. Poor little Zoe was so tired by the end of the week. The last 2 nights she ended up falling asleep. Colby held out really well but thankfully with him going home early it didn't hit him as hard as the others. He did get a couple timeouts and cried 2 nights though when it was time to go home. Broc did really well...his first night he was a little shy and seemed out of place but he did really well by the last night. Emily did great she always knew our story. Poor thing I felt like she was bored sometimes being the oldest in the class but I think she did well and definitely enjoyed going to music and rec with the big kids!
They all continued to enjoy crafts and really made some cool things. I am not sure how much the others learned from the stories other then Emily I think Colby listened some and probably knows more then I think but its still hard to base it at his age. Each night we had great food. Our kitchen crew did wonderful with kid food and adult food I think we were all happy with everything we ate. Austin continued to pick Colby up around 8 each night. But he got to participate in the Worship Ralley, crafts, bible story, snack, and some games each night. It was another great week. I am so glad we got to participate even though its soo tiring. I thought the Big Apple theme was very cool and fun also!
Not sure if we will get to do it next year...we will have a 6 or 7 month old so not sure how that would work unless my mom came to keep them and I did it but still not so sure. Colby would still be in the nursery class and not really in the "real" VBS yet. I might just send him to one on the Westbank if I can find one that takes 3 year olds or young 4s. He loved it so much I hate for him to miss out. But I am sure we will definitely do it the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment