Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weeks 18-20

Wow I can't believe I am halfway through this pregnancy! Things are still going well. I am feeling great right now...no more sickness really, energy is great, and I am sleeping for the most part well at night i have maybe 1 rough night here and there but its not bad. I am so ready to know what we are having though! I thought for sure by the time I reached week 20 we would probably know if we were having a boy or a girl but I unfortunately have to wait another 3 weeks.


I'm sure you remember from the last post that I was having blood pressure issues and had to take a 24 hour urine test. Well the results came back fine Praise the Lord! We also invested in a thing to take my blood pressure at home and I have been trying to take it daily. It has been reading fine here. I am pretty sure my issues at the doctor are nervousness and stress. For some reason I am just not as comfortable here as I was at my last doctor. Its not that I hate the clinic and don't really want to change its just different. Its bigger and therefore, not as personable. I was supossed to go back a week after that test but that fell right before colby's party so then I was going to go that Monday after and it flooded so my appointment fell yesterday.


My blood pressure was again raised but after talking with the doctor and nurse about taking it at home and it being fine they didn't seem too worried. The heartbeat sounded great! And I have only gained 5 lbs. I was shocked I don't think this baby will be as big as Colby was. I know I had gained a lot more by this point with him!

Anyway the most frustrating thing right now is they won't do an ultrasound until 24 weeks. I have had my hopes up for so long thinking we would find out this week or next. Apparantly they just scheduled it for the next appointment but they skipped a week b/c the doc will be out of town! BUMMER! I am so ready to know so we can start planning for this little one! But I am thankful that all still seems to be going well. But I am also ready for that ultrasound to have a little bit more piece of mind that he or she is growing the way they are supossed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment