Wednesday, July 20, 2011

VBS Day 2

Our 2nd day of VBS was Monday. Monday was an interesting day. It flooded in our area that morning. It messed up all of our plans but still ended up being a good day. Austin's truck battery had died the day before so he and my dad set out early that morning to try and get it fixed. Well we had torrential rains very early on that morning and so most of the westbank was flooded. My dad got stranded somewhere for 2 hours and Austin couldn't make it to the shop so he just went on to work. He ended up getting it fixed later that day. It also messed Colby and I's day up. I had a doctor appoinment at 2 but I was going to drop Colby off at my parent's house around 10 so that I would have a few hours to get some housework done and relax. Well my parents didn't want us getting out and risking getting stuck so we stayed in which was probably for the best b/c it rained ALL day! It was honestly kinda nice staying in although I think days we stay in are more tiring as a mommy b/c Colby just gets whiney, needy, and bored. But we had a pretty good day overall.
We were both glad to have VBS to go to that night though. Everything went well I think the kids did excellent this night. They seemed to all be on their A game that night. We didn't really have any issues at all. They fed the kids pizza, apples, & pudding for dessert. I think they all cleaned their plate. Austin got there once again to bring Colby home. All in all I think it was a great night. Oh and during storytime Colby said "I say my prayers every night" everyone thought that was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment